PDA

View Full Version : White Diamond.

Zombie Mastermind
26-11-2007, 16:18
[IMG RIGHT="kylie"]http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/144/KYLIE~Kylie-Minogue-Posters.jpg[/IMG RIGHT]Did anyone see that Kylie doc' last night on C4?

At first I thought I had tuned in to a dentists training video.

In fact it turned out to be an airbrushed, fawning look at Ms Minogue's life shortly after beating the big C.

Warts 'n' all it was not.

It came across more like an audition tape for sainthood.

Even uber-whore Bono was on hand to give his blessing.

She nearly had me convinced that life on the road was hard for her. As she sat backstage on a very posh couch in lavish surroundings, with minions to aid her every beck and call. Her hotel and transport was pretty poor though, 5 star hotels and private jets are not what they are cracked up to be it seems.

She has obviously never had to live out of the back of a van that breaks down every other day, touring the flea-pits of England and sleeping on students sticky, thread-bare carpets.

Don't get me wrong, I think she has done a couple of decent tunes in the last ten years or so and She's fairly easy on the eye, but I would have preferred a bit more substance and less gloss.

The doc' promised to be a "revealing" look in to the life of an "icon".

Far from it.

Alpha
26-11-2007, 17:09
Is her new single 'Two Hearts' going to be used on the Doctor Who Christmas special? It seemed very strange to name a song like that, especially as she's starring in it.

Earl
26-11-2007, 17:11
Oooh, never thought of that.

Jobless Oddball
26-11-2007, 17:38
White Diamond????????????????????????????????

I prefer getting the ladies drunk on Diamond White!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE V0NZ
28-11-2007, 17:11
I recorded the programme but haven't watched it yet.

I have been listening to her new album 'X' though, and I must say it's very good. There's something about the sound that is very unusual, but it all hangs together nicely and there are enough 'stand-out' tracks to make it interesting.

I've always liked Kylie - she dances like a sideboard but her singing voice is great, she's got a sense of humour and throughout her music, film and TV career she seems to have managed to keep her feet on the ground (although ofcourse she wouldn't be able to if I ever got hold of her, IYKWIM!).

;)

Fenella
28-11-2007, 17:18
What singing voice? She can't sing at all!

THE V0NZ
28-11-2007, 17:43
What singing voice? She can't sing at all!

That's bollox.

She has worked very hard on her vocals and sings all her concerts live rather than jump around miming, which is why her dancing is so stilted.

Kiri Te Kanawa she ain't, but for what she is I think she's excellent.

Don't call me on this one Fen - I've chosen Kylie over better than you before now, and will again.

:mad:

Fenella
28-11-2007, 17:45
That's bollox.

She has worked very hard on her vocals and sings all her concerts live rather than jump around miming, which is why her dancing is so stilted.

Kiri Te Kanawa she ain't, but for what she is I think she's excellent.

Don't call me on this one Fen - I've chosen Kylie over better than you before now, and will again.

:mad:

She cant sing I tell you! On all her tracks her voice is so overproduced it doesn't sound real! I don't care how hard she's worked on her vocals, she still can't sing!

Earl
28-11-2007, 18:14
So how does she perform live if she requires a producer to enable her to sing?

Fenella
28-11-2007, 18:18
So how does she perform live if she requires a producer to enable her to sing?

Because she can be there on stage, open her mouth, and a sound comes out, but that doesn't mean she can sing. She's a better dancer than singer in my opinion, so she should just mime and concentrate on her dancing.

Earl
28-11-2007, 18:22
Because she can be there on stage, open her mouth, and a sound comes out, but that doesn't mean she can sing. She's a better dancer than singer in my opinion, so she should just mime and concentrate on her dancing.Not according to her reviews. I've heard her live too, I don't know what you're talking about.

THE V0NZ
28-11-2007, 18:23
While I PROFOUNDLY DISAGREE with you, I refuse to be drawn into an argument over Kylie - if the evidence of your own ears can't convince you then what chance have I?

That said, it's reassuring to hear that you don't rate her - bizarre an opinion as it is, at least it is conclusive proof that one of the more unsavoury rumours circulated about you recently must be a lie.

:)

Fenella
28-11-2007, 18:25
While I PROFOUNDLY DISAGREE with you, I refuse to be drawn into an argument over Kylie - if the evidence of your own ears can't convince you then what chance have I?

That said, it's reassuring to hear that you don't rate her - bizarre an opinion as it is, at least it is conclusive proof that one of the more unsavoury rumours circulated about you recently must be a lie.

:)

You said there was something "unusual" about the sound on her new album - it's called "overproduction" and it's designed to hide the fact that she can't sing.

Zombie Mastermind
29-11-2007, 01:46
Her new album is called "X"?

Is it her tenth?

If so, how original.

I hate when artistes release there tenth album with an x in the title.

keren666
03-12-2007, 00:17
yeh i agree KYLE she cant sing like whitney or mariah

Earl
03-12-2007, 06:52
But Whitney and Mariah sound terrible! :eek:

I hate all that warbling they do, there's just no need. I'd take Kylie over them any day of the week.

Ernest Rants
03-12-2007, 16:21

I hate all that warbling they do, there's just no need. I'd take Kylie over them any day of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/v/l5s5BNHbxeY

timey
03-12-2007, 18:18

Me too. ;)

Ernest Rants
03-12-2007, 18:28
it not working on mine:( go and tell me it works on mac and firefux:p

aaaahhhh you put it back as was

Earl
03-12-2007, 18:29
No, I've given up! :D

Earl
03-12-2007, 18:31
There ya go. YouTube embeded. ;)

timey
03-12-2007, 18:31
It worked on mine, but now all I see is garbled text instead of a link. :confused: