PDA

View Full Version : David Beckham - is he a fake?

Fenella
15-07-2007, 18:49
So the Beckhams have gone to America to seek even more attention.

When I see David Beckham talking on the TV he always seems like an ordinary, nice, down to earth bloke who is a bit shy. I can imagine him just wanting to play footie and then go home for a few beers and to play with his kids and get away from the limelight. Judging by his actions lately though this image I have of him appears to be false.

Is he really just an ordinary bloke who happens to be famous, or is he an attention-seeker who is just pretending to be like that?

Daveboy
15-07-2007, 18:54
...or is he an attention-seeker who is just pretending to be like that?

No, he's a bloke with a good agent and a pushy, talentless wife

Fenella
15-07-2007, 18:57
But is he really as "ordinary" as he makes out? It takes a lot of effort to be in the public eye, so if he didn't like it surely he would put his foot down. Traditionally, Victoria has been seen as the pushy one, like you say, and the one who wants the attention, but I think he wants it just as much.

online.education
23-07-2007, 11:13
Is he really just an ordinary bloke who happens to be famous, or is he an attention-seeker who is just pretending to be like that?

Tom Cruise is his acting coach, and David is apparently taking acting lessons very seriously ...

Fuckwit
23-07-2007, 21:47
I think Dave used to be a normal down to earth guy, but a lot of money and his overbearing wife have ensured that he has become a media machine.

Fenella
23-07-2007, 21:57
I think Dave used to be a normal down to earth guy, but a lot of money and his overbearing wife have ensured that he has become a media machine.

Whenever I see your name it creases me up! :p

I think he can't be what he seems because it's hard work being a media whore. I think maybe when he met Victoria he recognised a fellow attention seeker and went for her. I think he likes people to think it's her being like that and that he's just following her, but he's a sneaky one.

Fuckwit
23-07-2007, 22:04
Whenever I see your name it creases me up! :p

I think he can't be what he seems because it's hard work being a media whore. I think maybe when he met Victoria he recognised a fellow attention seeker and went for her. I think he likes people to think it's her being like that and that he's just following her, but he's a sneaky one.

:D

You could be right, but I don't see Dave as having the cerebral capacity to be that much in control.

I think they genuinely used to be in love but now it's just a convenience for them both.

Ck
23-07-2007, 22:08
I think it was love too, neither of them were contrived enough to get together for any other reason.

Fenella
23-07-2007, 22:10
:D

You could be right, but I don't see Dave as having the cerebral capacity to be that much in control.

I think they genuinely used to be in love but now it's just a convenience for them both.

That's right, he hasn't got the brains for it. She has though so he can just pretend it's all her idea. I think they both want the same thing, so it works for them. Couple of media tarts IMO.

jambolo
23-07-2007, 22:11
i don't think he's as stupid as everyone makes out, to have such a huge franchise he must be much more intelligent than he makes out

Fenella
23-07-2007, 22:13
i don't think he's as stupid as everyone makes out, to have such a huge franchise he must be much more intelligent than he makes out

He's probably not stupid, but he hasn't got the energy and drive to be a celebrity on his own. He wants to be though and she's got the energy, that's why they work so well together.

judel
24-07-2007, 05:10
What really gets me is that he comes to America after being offered....what? 150 million? And then he can't play cause his poor little ankle is bothering him? Give me a break!!!

jambolo
24-07-2007, 11:17
What really gets me is that he comes to America after being offered....what? 150 million? And then he can't play cause his poor little ankle is bothering him? Give me a break!!!

But do the Americans even know he is a footballer. They probably expect him to put on some padding and have him playing their football.

SFB
24-07-2007, 11:43
i don't think he's as stupid as everyone makes out, to have such a huge franchise he must be much more intelligent than he makes outStupid or not, he must have a good manager.

sixaparrat
24-07-2007, 11:57
But do the Americans even know he is a footballer. They probably expect him to put on some padding and have him playing their football.

The septics know that he's not a footballer, he's a SOCCER player

SFB
24-07-2007, 16:32
The septics know that he's not a footballer, he's a SOCCER playerHe's probably been assured that his presence in the US will assure the future of soccer there.
The fact that in the US it comes well below baseball, football, basketball and ice hockey is neither here nor there.

There may even come a time when the average American knows the rules of soccer, but that day is a long way off!

As for the offside rule, forget it!:D
Millions of soccer loving Brits don't understand that, yet!

Gonzo.
24-07-2007, 16:42
Cant header a ball,cant beat a man on the park,all that dosh,pure genius the man,what is his secret.

Fenella
24-07-2007, 17:02
He's probably been assured that his presence in the US will assure the future of soccer there.
The fact that in the US it comes well below baseball, football, basketball and ice hockey is neither here nor there.

There may even come a time when the average American knows the rules of soccer, but that day is a long way off!

As for the offside rule, forget it!:D
Millions of soccer loving Brits don't understand that, yet!

I do, I do, I understand it!!! Yay!

SFB
24-07-2007, 17:45
I do, I do, I understand it!!! Yay!You should be able to explain it in one sentence then?

You have 5 minutes to reply, your time starts now.

The exact time is 17.45 UK time.

Fenella
24-07-2007, 17:57
You should be able to explain it in one sentence then?

You have 5 minutes to reply, your time starts now.

The exact time is 17.45 UK time.

If a player passes the ball forward there must be two defenders between the goal and the person he is passing the ball too at the time the ball is passed forward, otherwise that person is offside.

OK, I was late but I was distracted by Gonzo's antics elsewhere.

SFB
24-07-2007, 18:05
If a player passes the ball forward there must be two defenders between the goal and the person he is passing the ball too at the time the ball is passed forward, otherwise that person is offside.

OK, I was late but I was distracted by Gonzo's antics elsewhere.:D It's nice to know that you too don't actually understand the offside rule.

Fenella
24-07-2007, 18:11
:D It's nice to know that you too don't actually understand the offside rule.

Oh bugger. I did my best too. :D

SFB
24-07-2007, 18:24
Oh bugger. I did my best too. :DWell you were close, but the goalie doesn't count as a defender under that rule!

Fenella
24-07-2007, 18:29
I put "too" instead of "to" as well. :eek:

I was in a hurry, that's my excuse. :D

It's two defenders other than the goalie.

SFB
24-07-2007, 18:33
No, it's one defender other than the goalie!

Fenella
24-07-2007, 18:35

Oh bugger again! Come on though, I did pretty well really. :D

Gonzo.
25-07-2007, 17:03

OK, I was late but I was distracted by Gonzo's antics elsewhere.

Who moi :confused:

I'm a saint,trust me.

sixaparrat
26-07-2007, 12:34
It's actually two players of the defending team regardless of the position they play in.
Can tyou see the problem otherwise.. he didn't count 'cos he's an attacker:rolleyes:

SFB
26-07-2007, 15:42
It's actually two players of the defending team regardless of the position they play in.
Can tyou see the problem otherwise.. he didn't count 'cos he's an attacker:rolleyes::eek: Any chance of a translation into English without excuses about pressure of work that seem to be DodgyKen's latest major out of being able to write anything legible?:confused:

At least I always have a valid excuse at this time of day cos I'm anebriated!!:p

online.education
30-07-2007, 08:14

He probably has a good financial adviser, and yes, he apparently picked a right man or woman. That doesn't mean that he's intelligent though ...