Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 741
    Given: 1,763
    Great Britain

Default Dollhouse

Eliza Dushku
    Joss Whedon, the genius behind Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly and Serenity is set to make a return to the small screen along with Buffy and Tru Calling starr* Eliza Dushku.

Whedon has agreed to work with 20th century Fox, despite Fox fucking up the airing of Firefly and then cancelling it amid furious fan complaints. His new project, Dollhouse has Dushku in the lead role Echo. The show's premise is of a lab where Dushku's character is a human specimen with a programmable personality. Echo is programmed differently for whatever mission she is sent to achieve. She is programmed new memories, skills and languages to help her succeed in her appointed missions and is systematically "wiped" once the mission is completed. As the series unfolds Echo gains an awareness of what is happening and recalls past memories of where she's been and what she's done.

Going off Whedon's past work the show seems ideal for his great talent in character building and plot development.

The only thing standing in the way of this show at present is Whedon's involvement in the current writer's strike in the US. Hopefully this industrial action will be settled in time for a full season to be aired in the autumn.

[DIGG]http://www. morningstarr. co. uk/forum/pop-culture-news/7189-dollhouse. html[/DIGG]

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Donachiel; 11-02-2008 at 20:01. Reason: Formatted for the homepage - Validation error

Registered Member anancientrace's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Re: Dollhouse

Eliza Dushku - did I just see her in that Cheerleader film with Kirsten Dunst? I watch it for the American football you know. "Bring it On"

American. Football?

David Beckham was in there somewhere I am sure! He played a quarter pounder - judging by his underwear ad. "Go - the - whatever"

I have just read British thesp Lena Headly is being criticised for the TV version of Terminator. By Feminists too?

And another English actress is the new Bionic Woman we learnt months ago. Can the "Nora Batty" actress be far behind? Doctor Squint! Medicine Woman - quickly!

But Headly is being slatted for not having the muscles that Linda Hamilton had in the second "I'll be back" film. Ms Hamilton needed them though didn't she? Wasn't she once the "King of The World's" missus. You needed heft to slap the modest gentleman - allegedly.

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Great Britain

Bring It On!

I watched that too once, for the american football of course.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Morningstarr* View Post
    Bring It On!

I watched that too once, for the american football of course.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Thumbs up Re: Dollhouse

I'm looking forwards to this. I watched Buffy from the start & loved it (earlier seasons) then Angel, then Firefly. I can't believe he is trusting Fox though not to mess it up like they did with Firefly!

I guess we won't find out until it happens again Let's hope it last longer than Firefly & Tru Calling...

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetGlove View Post
    I'm looking forwards to this. I watched Buffy from the start & loved it (earlier seasons) then Angel, then Firefly. I can't believe he is trusting Fox though not to mess it up like they did with Firefly!

I guess we won't find out until it happens again Let's hope it last longer than Firefly & Tru Calling...
    I dropped out after Buffy. Er... Angel - No, Buffy - er - American Football in it, innit?

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Great Britain

I didn't bother with Tru Calling, but cancelling Firefly was criminal. It was just hotting up! Whedon takes a full season to pan things out, but you can see it's in the pipeline. Serenity seemed to rush things through that would've been in the TV show, it was brilliant but I would've prefered a full season of Firefly and a few seasons more.

The same happened with Angel, that got wrapped up too soon. Fox.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Eliza Dushku - I was looking at her IMDb entry and noted that an upandcoming film is based on a true story. The Alphabet Killer - a series of people with double initials get bumped off! Oh no I thought not her! But relax AnAn.

But look down the cast list of this forthcoming attraction and you can see who is due for a new entry in Cinemorgue. CC MM etc So now all I need to know is who dun them in?

So to save time - can IMDb have a special page where the murderer/s is revealed to the lazy. I am still not sure who "done it" in various "Scream" films.

The bad person got bumped off by another bad person. And when that second bad person died a third one rung the naked girl in the shower.

Very confusing to someone brought up on "Psycho" - that series lost the plot too when it was remade!

Spoiler:
    Bates did not do it - sometimes

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Great Britain

She was in True Lies as Arnie's daughter. Bit of trivia for yer.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Morningstarr* View Post
    She was in True Lies as Arnie's daughter. Bit of trivia for yer.
    Thanks sir - she too young and I am too old

Oh and old Michael Ironsides is in the Alphabet Killer too (as his "Wild Willy" character in ER - he would obviously not make the third reel of Alphabet Killer -although WW maybe he might have - so he gets a new name)

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts