Thread: Odd Ferry Company Seabourne Freight

The Unseen Hero
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 239
    Given: 38
    Palestinian Territory

Default Odd Ferry Company Seabourne Freight

This isn't even a proper company. I bet it's completely fake. And there's no actual Ports in Ramsgate. This whole thing stinks.

No-deal Brexit ferry company owns no ships and has never run Channel service | Politics | The Guardian

1 Not allowed!
    Orbis non sufficit

13 medium - Odd Ferry Company Seabourne Freight

'I'd sit alone and watch your light,
    My only friend through teenage nights,
    And everything I had to know, I heard it on my radio'

The Unseen Hero
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Palestinian Territory

Default Re: Odd Ferry Company Seabourne Freight

Someone on FaceBook has been doing there investigating.

this shit gets better, the gov have broken EU law lol

I was curious to find out who the / Directors are of a company with no ships, no trading history, no employees and listed One Penny Shares valued at £66.25!

Turns out that Seabourne Freight occupy the same registered address at 59 Mansell Street, London E1 8AN as the Maritime Law firm Campbell Johnson Clark whose Director is called Mark Bamford.

Whilst there is no mention of Mr Bamfords connection to Seaborne Freight in its registered documents in Companies House and its location of head office may be pure coincidence, further digging reveals much.

Mark just happens to be the brother of Anthony Bamford of JCB, the largest donor of the tóraighe party.

Obviously nothing to see here!

Looking into it further just gets better.

The contracts were awarded outside of the agreed EU Tendering Legislation because “in documents outlining the agreements, the DfT states that an “unforeseeable” situation of “extreme urgency” meant there was no time for the contracts to be put out to tender – the standard practice for public procurements.”

This is a clear and distinct breach of current EU Law, plus Seabourne Freight are claiming they set themselves up 2 years ago and appear to have not undertaken any trade up to today.

Why would a Company set themselves up in anticipation of a non existent contract at that time or trade that may or not occur, in a location that cannot accept the size of ferries they propose to use (dredging starts 4 Jan) and all with no employees to enact works.

Obviously Dover is still envisaged as the main point of entry but other ports have been proposed such as Poole, Portsmouth, Plymouth and Felixstowe and Immingham.

Ramsgate is not specifically mentioned but did form part of contingency plans announced in November.

Despite negotiations with Seaborne Freight no deal has yet been signed for a ferry service from Ramsgate. A service was proposed to start in March but there has been no update on progress to date.

There is only one vessel of the type required and capable of docking at Ramsgate, this is the former Dover-Calais ferry MS Nord Pas de Calais (currently plying its trade quite happily in the Canary Islands!).

Hence the dredging work commencing 4 Jan. That leaves 83 days to complete before the 29 March deadline.

As an curious aside the other 2 parts of the contracts have been awarded to non UK EU based firms, Brittainy Ferries (French) and DFDS Seaways (Danish)!

Another of Seabornes Directors appears to have a doppleganger!

International Ferry Traders Limited.

DYDLEY, Glenn Roy, British born April 1954

Shipping Consultant 1995 -96.

Seaborne Freight

DUDLEY, Glenn Roy, British, born April 1954

Secretary (resigned Dec 17).

And yes those spelling differences are correct, as are the April birth months in 1954.

Last November Chris Grayling announced a £200M upgrade of Ramsgates facilities. Planning for this started pre-Brexit apparently...

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/.../port-lined-up-for.../...

One major headache is the upgrade to the Link Span facility at Ramsgate.

This has not been maintained since the collapse in 2013 of the firm TransEuropa leaving a £3M debt to the council

Current HSE Legislation is very hot on full safety compliance on these ship to shore links (given the 6 deaths at Ramsgate in 1994...

Linkspans and walkways - Ports and docks - HSE

So it appears that Seaborne Freight are a shell company for Albany Shipping Ltd. All ship shape and perfectly usual.

They share 3 Directors and seem to currently run 20 vessels. Unsure yet as to type or specifications or even if they are capable of docking at Ramsgate.

For those unsure as to where Ramsgate is, the an tóraighe have at least chosen a Sea Port!

The main issue they will have is weather. Ramsgate is located at the far southern tip of the Thames Estuary and it gets a proper hammering from the North Sea and English Channel.

83 days to upgrade the port facilities may be impossible.

The 29 March deadline for Brexit ratification is set in stone or so we are keep getting told.

On a related note for an lay down of £66.25 Seaborne gets a contract worth nearly £14M to provide services if a No Deal Brexit happens.
    If No Deal does not happen it keeps the money anyways, as do Brittany Ferries and DFDS. £100M potentially just gone for nil return.

Of course that scenario will never happen since we are headed for No Deal and fudge the consequences.
    Port 'lined up for £200m plan'

0 Not allowed!
    Orbis non sufficit

The Unseen Hero
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Palestinian Territory

Default Re: Odd Ferry Company Seabourne Freight

This is Seabourne's site. Have a good look around cos there's lots of dodgy things about it.

Seaborne Freight: timetable

0 Not allowed!
    Orbis non sufficit

The Unseen Hero
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up