So, it's nearly the end of 2016, a strange and momentous year for the world in general. The year that the UK voted to leave the EU, the year that Donald Trump was elected president of the United States, and the year that many iconic and much loved celebrities passed away, in particular David Bowie, Victoria Wood, Terry Wogan, Caroline Aherne, Muhammad Ali, Ronnie Corbett, Alan Rickman, Gene Wilder, Andrew Sachs, Arnold Palmer, George Michael, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.

For us or course it has been an amazing year. It started off with me being off work with stress, and thinking that I would have to leave then. However, things got better and things fell into place for us both to retire from work and make big plans for the future. We sold our house and are looking forward to moving in the new year.

So it was a momentous year but hopefully even better things are in store for us in 2017. I hope that the new year will be kind to all of you here at the Morningstarr as well, and that you find peace and happiness in your endeavours. A happy new year to you all.