Thread: Happy New Year

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,297
    Given: 2,329
    Scotland

Default Happy New Year

So, it's nearly the end of 2016, a strange and momentous year for the world in general. The year that the UK voted to leave the EU, the year that Donald Trump was elected president of the United States, and the year that many iconic and much loved celebrities passed away, in particular David Bowie, Victoria Wood, Terry Wogan, Caroline Aherne, Muhammad Ali, Ronnie Corbett, Alan Rickman, Gene Wilder, Andrew Sachs, Arnold Palmer, George Michael, Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds.

For us or course it has been an amazing year. It started off with me being off work with stress, and thinking that I would have to leave then. However, things got better and things fell into place for us both to retire from work and make big plans for the future. We sold our house and are looking forward to moving in the new year.

So it was a momentous year but hopefully even better things are in store for us in 2017. I hope that the new year will be kind to all of you here at the Morningstarr as well, and that you find peace and happiness in your endeavours. A happy new year to you all.

3 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,296
    Given: 3,001

Default Re: Happy New Year

Happy new year, Timey!

It looks like you're going in to the new year with a lot of excitement and lots to look forward to. I'm really happy for you, you've been looking forward to retirement for so long.

I'm not sure what 2017 holds for us, I'm quite spontaneous so I could be living or doing something completely random and not thought of by the end of January, I don't have any plans though, but that means nothing with me.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

Thanks A_B. Yes, it's exciting times ahead for us, and for you too, hopefully. Cheers.

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,606
    Given: 2,392
    England

Happy New Year everyone

2016 has definitely been a weird one, media wise. It seems to have been a never ending stream of shocking headlines.

It was a big year for me/us, my son turned 21, finally left full time education, graduated with a fabulous degree and got a proper job. It wasn't always easy, those months where he'd left uni but couldn't find work were soul destroying... but he's just had his first proper wage this weekend so it's a great start for 2017 for him, he can enter this year with solid plans.

We've had a load of work done on the house, the kitchen and bathroom most noticeably, which has made it feel like home. I discovered the Art of Tidying up, YNAB (thanks Timey ) and Slimming World which have made a huge positive difference to how we live, what we surround ourselves with and the way we feel.

2016 was also the year Spud got famous, in India

My plan for 2017 is to continue eating and living well, maybe have a few small adventures but definitely become more organised and time efficient.

3 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

I'm glad things are going well for your son. When I left school/college it took me a while to get a job as well, much to my dad's annoyance , so that's normal. But it's good he is working away, getting wages and making plans for the future. Exciting times.

1 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts