Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas traditions

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,207
    Given: 2,899

Default Re: Christmas traditions

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    That's cock-all. Gemo had a Christmas dinner room, which was only used for eating Christmas dinner. She had a fucking Christmas present wrapping room too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ck View Post
    and she had a second kitchen for cooking special dinners too

No shit!
    I know, that's exactly who I thought about when Timey said he had a big dining table. She said she still had the table set a year later.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,518
    Given: 2,286
    England

I remember one year going really OTT with a centrepiece that i'd made myself, it must have cost a small fortune by the time i'd bought the glass vase, pebbles and everything to go in it. It looked lovely! But as soon as everyone sat down I had to move it off the table to fit the food on. What a waste of time

After that I decided i'd not bother with a centrepiece, i'd get table gifts instead. I wrap them up all special with ribbons and bows and stuff to match the colour scheme, they make the table look pretty and give people something to do while I faff about sorting the food. This year I might try arranging them like a centrepiece, just for something different.

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

If I spend money on a centre piece, I'll move the plates or my husband to make sure it stays.

I saw a table today with little gifts wrapped up fancy on the plates, they look lovely. I thought about doing it, but would I go without? I don't fancy wrapping myself a present up, so three places with presents might look a bit sad. I'm going to probably just put stuff inside crackers instead.

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    If I spend money on a centre piece, I'll move the plates or my husband to make sure it stays.

I buy myself something. Last year I got this...

17877 - Christmas traditions

2 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

I might do the presents thing, it looks like it'll be fun if I do stuff like that.

Have you seen that game, Watch your mouth? I was thinking about sending it to the inlaws to play at christmas. The other day I was looking for videos of normal people playing it and found this one.

1 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,183
    Given: 2,240
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    That's cock-all. Gemo had a Christmas dinner room, which was only used for eating Christmas dinner. She had a fucking Christmas present wrapping room too.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

Big dining table, do you have more than one?
    Noooo, bad wording on my part. We tend to eat in the living room whilst watching TV, although we are trying to change this for the future. As a result, we tend to use the formal dining room onyl now and then, and particularly for Christmas dinner.

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by timey View Post
    Noooo, bad wording on my part. We tend to eat in the living room whilst watching TV, although we are trying to change this for the future. As a result, we tend to use the formal dining room onyl now and then, and particularly for Christmas dinner.
    Oh right, so it's not quite Gemo's christmas room then.

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

omg that game with grandma

1 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

Oh right, so it's not quite Gemo's christmas room then.
    In effect it is as we only tend to have Christmas dinner in it!

We were trying to use it more for our daily meals but when we put the house up for sale we had to "dress" it with crockery etc, like in a show house, so we haven't really been able to use it as such. Once we move we will get back into the habit of using it though (the new house has a similar dining room at the front to the one we have here).

1 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts