Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 724
    Given: 1,673
    Great Britain

Default Re: Another female Prime Minister

Quote Originally Posted by NOT BD View Post
    Would a woman have the guts to send us to war again though?
    Thatcher would have but she was the opposite of what most of us see as females in the real world.
    That bitch was born with balls but never admitted that hiding in her woolly knickers was a 9" long pecker LMAO!
    Hopefully not.

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,528
    Given: 1,997

How's Theresa May seen in the UK? From here she looks a bit silly and awkward, her dress sense is appalling for a Prime Minister, leather trousers?

That clip of her being awkwardly ignored at an EU meeting and people slagging the men doing it is ridiculous. It's obviously so badly cut to make it look like that, when in reality it's her that just looks awkward. It looks like two men talking, they're not being rude or bullying, they probably know each other well. It cuts just as the Maltese Prime Minister tried to talk to them and then walks by Theresa May. I can't see him not stopping to speak to her, but it abruptly cuts off there so you can't see if it happens. I'd bet my husband's dinner on the fact he stopped.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,395
    Given: 1,313
    Scotland

It depends what did you are on. Some see her as being rightly careful by keeping her cards to her chest but others feel that she hasn't got a clue what she is doing. Essentially she has got a poisoned chalice of a job to do in taking the UK out of the EU and she will never please everyone.

As for her dress sense, we get told here that we shouldn't be judging her one fashion sense, which I kind of agree with, especially as the male PMs don't get judged in a similar fashion. I'm more concerned with how she is as PM than as a fashion icon.

I think as a PM, if it hadn't been for Brexit, she would be quite a good one, although not my personal choice of available candidates. Of course in Europe she is going to be slagged off but here she is our only hope of a semi-decent deal on exiting the EU and we have to support her in that. I wouldn't go by anything on heavily edited videos on the internet as they don't really give a true view of the reality.

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

I don't know much about her, I can only really go on her image, so I think her clothes are important. She just looks so awkward and out of her depth, I know she's been put in an awful position so it can't be good though.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

Yes, she is probably out of her depth. She and the country have been landed in it with this stupid referendum.

1 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

I've just seen a clip of the thing in Europe where she is ignored by the other leaders. It's all a bit childish really. Sometimes I can see why so many people want to leave the EU. It's a great idea, but they have a jumped up idea of their own importance and they do make you want to stick two fingers up and say "stuff you then".

0 Not allowed!

The Unseen Hero
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 171
    Given: 32
    Canada

Shes starting to remind me a bit of Harriet Jones.

"don't you think she looks tired?"

2 Not allowed!
    Orbis non sufficit

13 medium - Another female Prime Minister

'I'd sit alone and watch your light,
    My only friend through teenage nights,
    And everything I had to know, I heard it on my radio'

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

"Theresa May, Prime Minister"

"Yes, we know who you are"

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by timey View Post
    I've just seen a clip of the thing in Europe where she is ignored by the other leaders. It's all a bit childish really. Sometimes I can see why so many people want to leave the EU. It's a great idea, but they have a jumped up idea of their own importance and they do make you want to stick two fingers up and say "stuff you then".
    Yes, I'd feel the same but I think you've done what others have done, including me, and judged it on headlines and an eleven second clip. You could be right, I'm not trying to be confrontational or anything, I'm not like that, we just see the clip in different ways.

The way I saw it was two men were talking, not ignoring her in any way, one had their back to her and she made no attempt to chat or anything in that clip. She looked awkward and fidgety, no confidence at all, as if she didn't know how to say Hi kinda thing, so how could they be ignoring her? You could turn it around and say, 'she has a jumped up idea of her own importance', so she feels they should come and chat to her without making no attempt herself. Why? If you look a lady appears, they 'ignore' her as well, but she pushes herself in and gives one of them a kiss. She doesn't stay, that says to me they're chatting and she's just been pleasant as she passes. Then the Maltese Prime Minister comes up to them, Theresa looks at him, they've spoken a lot now, then seems to turn her back and look down and nervously away. I've done that to people when I only know them a bit and don't know what to say but know they're going to come over. I do that shocked 'oh I didn't see you there' face when they do come over.

He then says hello to the two men and starts walking near Theresa, but she's made herself unapproachable by having her back to people and her head down. I don't know whether I've seen an extended clip already, but I can almost be certain he'll have stopped to say hello. It's not in a Maltese person's personality to be unfriendly and he's one of the smiliest people about. But, having the clip extended to see that people wouldn't be able to say, nasty Europe, especially with Malta being the one to talk to her. Malta has been slagged for 'who does it think it is being so small and thinking it can shoot it's mouth off', so it gets a bit annoying seeing stuff like that. Malta is not in a good position being next for the presidency and having close links to the UK, but they have to be the voice, or at least practice a bit now and then.

I just think people in the UK are trying desperately to paint EU countries and leaders as childish, nasty and hateful towards the UK, in reality a lot feel the UK is being childish. They've all got their own problems with the EU, they're not all in a team against the UK, which is how they try to show it. It's one sided and to me they're now trying to slag Europe off to make Theresa May look better, like a downtrodden woman, when in reality she's making herself unapproachable and not strong enough, socially, by the looks of it.

There again, I'm in Malta and I've been in France for ten years before so I see things different with not having the same news as you. I can just go on what I see and it looks very edited to try to make it, 'poor Theresa'. I've judged that same edited eleven second clip as well, so I'm just the same. Like I said though, I could be totally wrong and they are all nasty and childish. I don't think that's the case though.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

Yeah, you could be right, I guess we are all manipulated somewhat by the media which only show you what they want to.

1 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts