Poll: UK to remain or leave?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: EU referendum?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 177
    Given: 166

Default EU referendum?

The voting day is on 23rd June, so will you be voting and what are you going to be deciding for UK's future?

Also what do you think of these?
    EU to launch kettle and toaster crackdown after Brexit vote
    Major leak from Brussels reveals NHS will be ‘KILLED OFF’ if Britain remains in the EU | UK | News | Daily Express

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,258
    Given: 2,303
    Scotland

Default Re: EU referendum?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBBC View Post
    The voting day is on 23rd June, so will you be voting and what are you going to be deciding for UK's future?

Also what do you think of these?
    1) EU to launch kettle and toaster crackdown after Brexit vote
    2) Major leak from Brussels reveals NHS will be €˜KILLED OFF€™ if Britain remains in the EU | UK | News | Daily Express
    1) No problem. If appliances are not energy efficient then they should not be sold any more. Why would anyone want and energy-inefficient item?

2) Obviously nonsense. It's the Daily Express though, so to be expected.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,583
    Given: 2,353
    England

I'm undecided but leaning towards remain.

My own brain logic says remain as; we're part of something big and not alone and we benefit from some protected rights. Plus, I really don't trust the Conservatives to rule without ruining without having some sort of higher governance. My heart says leave because i'll not be able to stand seeing Cameron's smug porky pig face if remain wins, although I believe he's backtracked on resigning if brexit wins.

I don't fully understand what it means either way, and all the saying about what will or will not happen is conjecture. I know i'm sick of them bickering among themselves and if there was a vote to push the lot of them off a cliff and start again i'd go for that.

1 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

That's very true, it's really difficult to know what will be the best in the long run. I just feel that we do get a lot of benefits out of it that most people don't realise, and that the leavers think that all our problems will be solved if we leave, including migration and immigration issues. I don't think they will be. But I also don't see the point in all the upheaval that it will cause (I felt the same way about the independence issue), which will inevitably be borne the most by those not at the top of the financial tree, i. e. the lower paid and the ones that always bear the brunt of everything, the average people in the middle who are just trying to afford a decent living but are seen as cash cows for everything. Let's just not have this upheaval that some people seem to think is worth it for some vague idea of "sovereignty" and "making Britain great again". The EU might not be perfect, but it is not all bad and I think we do get more out of it than people think.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,583
    Given: 2,353
    England

I reckon that people who make decisions, i. e. the rich and influential and the well paid will make a packet if we leave. There will be so many things to discuss and sort out and people who do sort out those kinds of things don't do it for nuffink. I don't trust them to not have their own agendas either. So yup, I can see the lower downs having to front those costs.

It's even things like whether or not Brits abroad can still claim their state pensions, they might decide they lose all rights to claim if they leave. People moan about immigrants coming over but we'd be buggered if all those OAP's from Spain and France decided to come back, they're not even working age, they'd be all take and no give. I don't fancy my chances of ever getting a parking space at Aldi if that happens either.

2 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,261
    Given: 2,967

Quote Originally Posted by Ck View Post

It's even things like whether or not Brits abroad can still claim their state pensions, they might decide they lose all rights to claim if they leave. People moan about immigrants coming over but we'd be buggered if all those OAP's from Spain and France decided to come back, they're not even working age, they'd be all take and no give. I don't fancy my chances of ever getting a parking space at Aldi if that happens either.

I think people forget about all the British people who've spread themselves all over Europe and could come flooding back, it's doubtful but it could happen.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Ck View Post
    People moan about immigrants coming over but we'd be buggered if all those OAP's from Spain and France decided to come back, they're not even working age, they'd be all take and no give. I don't fancy my chances of ever getting a parking space at Aldi if that happens either.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

What I like to add is, there are pros and cons with the EU.

There are some entitlements if you travel around the EU area and you can use their hospital services if you have an EHIC card.
    Apply for a free EHIC card - Healthcare abroad - NHS Choices

Plus visa free travel to EU countries.

Plus the UK is the biggest contributors to the EU, I know it costs 55 million a day, but in reality it keeps it going.

The problem is there are wrong people running the show, in order to make it successful you need very decent people to run. I hate it when something goes successful then someone breaks it by changing the plans.

I rather have a brand new EU which you don't need to elect MEPs, but have agreements on many things like travel arrangements, health cards etc.

How Norway and Switzerland coped without being a member of the EU?

Like with the Scottish independence referendum, you only get one shot. But this is why we need to take the opportunity and vote, it only takes 20-60 minutes of your life to be counted in.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBBC View Post
    The problem is there are wrong people running the show, in order to make it successful you need very decent people to run.
    You could say that about the UK government too.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Anyway, have you seen this?

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts