Thread: New year 2016 and my memories...

Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 169

Default New year 2016 and my memories...

We are not long till we are in year 2016. I feel pretty confused what to do in the new year as I got what I wanted, but I have to plan and keep to the plan in order for me to get somewhere in life.

Not to mention the 10 year anniversary of The Morningstarr* forum which I defected from Showbiz Spy during the summer of 2006, good memories back then.

So we need to bring in some atmosphere back into this forum, with the age of social media many people go there to bitch and moan about their life on Facebook. But it's time to bring it back onto this forum.

As I'm an adult, I really can't believe how quick time went. I do personally miss being in school, I even remember immediately logging onto this forum after I came back home from school. I even remember that girl who helped me to use MSN Messenger which is now defunct all thanks to Microsoft taking over Skype.

Time moves forward, not backwards, anything can happen in life, I am personally glad I built my legacy there, plus I was the original troll as I logged in during the early hours to spam the shit out of the forum so the administrators wake up to see that they have to spend hours to clean it up. Good times!

One more to add, yes I was stupid, the damage is done you can't change the past but we just move on... Many people done batshit insane stuff in life and they realised they were stupid and changed.

I am very proud of being a veteran forum user on here because it keeps me connected to people domestically. Thanks

2 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,313
    Given: 2,361
    Scotland

Default Re: New year 2016 and my memories...

Hey Freebie, all the best to you and your plans for the new year. I have my plans too, and I must keep to them as much as possible for big changes to occur in the next year or two. I am looking forward to the challenge, and this will be one of the most significant new years of my life. I too am glad to be a member of this forum and it will be great to celebrate the tenth anniversary next year. All the best to you and all the other regular Morningstarr forumers.

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,320
    Given: 3,025

Good luck with your plans, Freebie!

I don't think I've got any plans, I usually just go with the flow and act on impulse. I'm hoping for a less stressful year though, parts of it have been really tough. I'm aware I'm probably still luckier than a lot of people still, so I'm not really moaning about it.

3 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,636
    Given: 2,407
    England

Awww Freebie, that is so sweet. I remember you when you were an annoying little shit but I stuck up for you because, like you say, many people do daft things and change later.

I have a plan for 2016, my plan is to never say no thank you when I mean yes please.

I have always been a no thank you kind of person because I think i'm being polite and I don't like to put people out, but I figured... that when I offer something I mean it sincerely and I would rather people say yes please so by me saying yes means i'll give to them what they want and i'll also get what I want. It's a simple thing but I'm curious to see if it makes a difference. Hope that makes some sort of sense.

2 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,313
    Given: 2,361
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Ck View Post
    I remember you when you were an annoying little shit...

Quote Originally Posted by Ck View Post
    I have a plan for 2016, my plan is to never say no thank you when I mean yes please.

I have always been a no thank you kind of person because I think i'm being polite and I don't like to put people out, but I figured... that when I offer something I mean it sincerely and I would rather people say yes please so by me saying yes means i'll give to them what they want and i'll also get what I want. It's a simple thing but I'm curious to see if it makes a difference. Hope that makes some sort of sense.
    Very true, if they are offering it usually means that they will not be put out, and often are maybe a bit more put out by the refusal.

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,636
    Given: 2,407
    England

ha! Yes! so It's a win win

I tried to today, I forgot my cup for work and was brewing up using a drinking glass. A woman that I don't really know offered me her spare cup but I instinctively said i'm okay i'll manage. Anyway, I was just faffing with the teabag when she appeared with her spare cup so I took it and said thank you and that she had just saved me from burnt fingers. She looked pleased with herself that she had helped me and I was happy to be able to drink from a proper cup. (It was clean too )

2 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 751
    Given: 1,793
    Great Britain

I wouldn't like the feeling of owing someone a favour, so I'll continue to say 'no thanks'.

3 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts