Thread: Free time!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,172
    Given: 2,853

Default Free time!

How do you spend yours? Do you have hobbies?

I used to do loads of stuff, but I seem to have hit a not doing much anymore stage.

I don't know whether it's age creeping up, the humidity, the heat, stress, or just a bit of laziness, but life just seems to be passing me by a bit.

I've promised my daughter we'll go bowling later, she's still a bit too young but she can't be any worse than us. We don't do too much stuff that might involve a winner because my husband goes in a mood if he doesn't win. I had to explain earlier that winning a four year old and a wife that's still not right from after an operation so might have to stand out isn't really a fair win. He won't be bothered though as long as he wins.

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 1,760
    Great Britain

Default Re: Free time!

My favourite pastime is grumping.

Spud takes up most our time, he's chuffin' hard work some days.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,146
    Given: 2,196
    Scotland

I've got hobbies but by the time I get home from work I am too tired to be able to do much of any of them.

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

Yeah, I'm too tired to do much as well.

Last night we went bowling and while we were paying a really rude family kept pushing. It was two little boys and their mum was just as bad, so we asked for a lane that wasn't next to anybody. I saw them constantly messing with the balls on their heads and generally being naughty, but the mum just sat there letting it all happen. Not that long after I heard screaming and one of the kids had blood pouring from his nose. I'm not sure what had happened, but I panicked when I saw blood and went over with a pack of tissues. I started searching for wipes as well after, but my husband quickly grabbed them and stuffed them back into my bag.

He's so tight, he'll have remembered the one time someone was being sick, I always feel the need to help in some way but I didn't have anything to help them with, so I gave them a packet of wipes and wouldn't take them back because they'd been contaminated. I'm not sure what I thought they could do with a packet of wipes, but that's all I had. I thought maybe they could wipe her mouth after or something.

We're total opposites, he's not got that natural instinct to care or help out, so he'll have just been thinking 'what else is in that bag and what else is she going to give them'.

1 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 304
    Burkina Faso

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post

We're total opposites, he's not got that natural instinct to care or help out, so he'll have just been thinking 'what else is in that bag and what else is she going to give them'.

I don't seem to have any free time either

Seems to be work eat sleep repeat, it does piss me off

I pushed myself to go to the gym last night for an hour, though you could hardly call that a hobby, or enjoyable

I fancy getting an old car again, but everything seems to be climbing well out my price range. I'm toying with the idea of going to Italy to buy one, but it seems like there is a lot of red tape

1 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 14
    Bhutan

I now have loads of free time and I'm trying to get used to that after years of work running my life. There's not a lot to do where I live here so I'm looking at buying a house in Gloucester so I can live there Fri-Sun every week.

2 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20

What's free time...

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I now have loads of free time and I'm trying to get used to that after years of work running my life. There's not a lot to do where I live here so I'm looking at buying a house in Gloucester so I can live there Fri-Sun every week.
    Is Wales and the hours you do now permanent?

0 Not allowed!

~ The Great Cambinho ~ CambCelt's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 199
    England

How do you spend yours? Do you have hobbies?

I used to do loads of stuff, but I seem to have hit a not doing much anymore stage.

I don't know whether it's age creeping up, the humidity, the heat, stress, or just a bit of laziness, but life just seems to be passing me by a bit.
    I (did) do lots of things but for far less time now than I want. Work, being tired from work and preparing for work take-up so much time these days.

I like finding out about interesting things (of which there are many!) on-line / watching stuff as well as the FB/forum/emailing, and when not doing that I read, listen to music & the wireless (if I can find something good on my DAB radio or lappy), play Football Manager, draw (currently refining two new tattoo ideas in all-black), cook (does that count?) if I have good kitchen access and every now and then make things (such as birthday cards). I don't really count growing plants in their pots or the greenhouse as they do it by themselves! Used to play a bit of footy & cricket but I am too old & knackered/unfit now.

I've promised my daughter we'll go bowling later
    I was supposed to go bowling again with M+D before I started my new job but that never happened. I loved going bowling in the past and look forward to doing it again one day. I am about 'average' at it! Same with 9-ball pool on the full-size tables.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by CambCelt; 22-08-2015 at 08:14.
    icon smile - Free time!
    ~ Dance, Trance & Magic Plants ~
    tongue - Free time!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,146
    Given: 2,196
    Scotland

I thought South Wales was one of those "playground" areas with loads of stuff to do like walking, gliding, surfing, swimming, hill climbing etc? Then again I admit that I wouldn't be doing many of those myself apart from the walking and swimming possibly, but there's more to do there than there is up here.

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts