Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Diet and exercise as we get older.

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,258
    Given: 2,300
    Scotland

Default Re: Diet and exercise as we get older.

And loads of carbs.

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,257
    Given: 2,963

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Small portion of chips 610 calories

Twirl 115 calories

Lolly 94 calories

That was classed as dinner, so it's okay.

I'm not too bothered about calorie counting, but it was good to see how many I'd burnt off if I was. I don't know how much I weigh, I guessed for the app by taking 2kg away from my weight when I went into hospital, surely that thing weighed at least that. I just need to tone up a bit, but the crap I've been eating won't help. Yesterday I think I was under with calories, in total I had:-

Breakfast - 1 full Wispa (215)
    Lunch - Half a Twirl and a slice of pizza (600 for the pizza? and 115 for the Twirl)
    Dinner - What's posted in that post above, plus maybe a 250ml bottle of coke over the day (1023).

So in total I had, at most, 1953 calories and I burnt 477 of those off when I went for a walk. That's a lot over a day though, almost the suggested full daily amount. You really don't get a lot of crap food for your calories.

It wasn't one of my better days to be fair. I feel the shame just typing what I ate.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 304
    Burkina Faso

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    Breakfast - 1 full Wispa (215)
    Lunch - Half a Twirl and a slice of pizza (600 for the pizza? and 115 for the Twirl)
    Dinner - What's posted in that post above, plus maybe a 250ml bottle of coke over the day (1023).

Breezy!

Shame on you

I don't think Malta is helping your diet

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Breezy!

Shame on you

I don't think Malta is helping your diet
    No, it's not helping and I do feel ashamed. It's awful going to bed knowing you're probably putting your health at risk with the crap you're eating. I've never in my entire life had a diet as bad and yesterday was even worse.

I'm still finding it hard to eat the food here after France. If I'd come from England it wouldn't be as bad, but coming from lovely fresh tasty food is a massive drop. I don't trust the hygiene and freshness here, plus one day you might be able to get something, then another it could take you hours of searching for something as basic as a lettuce. A lot of the shops are independents and cross the water to get their own supplies, so if the one ferry isn't operating they're without stock. I'm not used to eating frozen food, which a lot of it is here, I always got it fresh in France and even if they say it is fresh, you can tell it's not and it's been frozen. I get to the stage of not bothering because what's the point of cooking crap when I can just buy already cooked crap.

I'm doing a chicken and veg today, so I'm making up for yesterday. I'm just considering whether it'd be wrong to eat the skin, I know it would but that's the best part.

2 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 304
    Burkina Faso

I think as long as you don't have too much processed, refined crap you'll be right

I know what you mean about France, they go shopping every day for fresh stuff, I guess it's part of the culture there and a lot of mediterranean countries

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

Yeah, we usually got fresh every day in France but here it's really hard to do that. If you go with an idea in your head and can't get the ingredients, you end up coming home with nothing and ordering in instead. The shops are full of processed and frozen food though, but I can't buy that.

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

I bought some scales this evening. I keep asking my husband if I look a bit hefty, but he keeps telling me I'm imagining it. I've not been imagining it, those scales were scary! Even washing and taking some clothes off and trying again didn't work.

You can't really eat junk food and not exercise for this amount of time and expect to not be a bit hefty. I shouted my husband in and said 'that's it, I need to lose some weight', but he's still saying I'm imagining it and the scales must be wrong. I think he's panicking now because when I said I'd probably have to diet for the first time in my life he said 'could the scales not go back instead'. He's not bothered about having a hefty wife, he's worried he won't be getting any dinner.

2 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts