Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas meet up!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,320
    Given: 3,025

Default Christmas meet up!

I'm looking at booking flights to England, but wondered whether anybody can make a meetup while I'm there. I know it's a family time so it's probably not possible, but I thought I'd ask before making any firm plans.

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 751
    Given: 1,793
    Great Britain

Default Re: Christmas meet up!

I'll have to check depending on which job I'm in!

Me and CK would definitely be up for a meet-up though, I'm sure we can make the necessary arrangements.

1 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,313
    Given: 2,361
    Scotland

We would love to come to a meetup, if it's in the north somewhere like Lancashire or Yorkshire or north of that. Plus of course it depends on weather at the time as well.

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

I won't be seeing my family, but we have friends in Leeds so going a bit further north would be okay.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,313
    Given: 2,361
    Scotland

Leeds would be good as I have never been there but have always wanted to go.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20

Me Me me! I'm in Bradford so Leeds is super near xx

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

It looks like it might be doable then. It'd be really nice to actually meet real people!

I don't know Leeds now, it's been a long time since I lived there, so I'd be no good deciding where to meet. I'm thinking of getting a flight to somewhere around there and then a flight back from Gatwick. I'll probably book flights later today, or tomorrow, but I don't think I'm going to book any accommodation just yet so I'd still be flexible. I'm looking at coming on the 19th to the 27th. Would there be more chance of people making it on a weekend? If there is I could come the day before so we could meet up on either the 19th or the 20th.

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 751
    Given: 1,793
    Great Britain

The 19th or the 20th sound great. If I'm still at the sausage factory I will be off those dates, and CK will be off because it's weekend.

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

I think I'll book the flight for the Friday so it's not limiting it to just the Saturday then. With it being a couple of months off I know it's hard for people to know what they'll be doing.

I'm just looking at Hertz car rental and to get a car at Manchester airport it'll cost 1250 euros more than Gatwick. Surely that can't be right!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20

that weekend would probably be fine for me. I dont work weekends and currently have no plans x

1 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts