Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 1,760
    Great Britain

Default Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection

qZEhQP2 - Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection

The first issue of my new subscription to Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection has arrived today.

The Mega Collection is another re-release of previous Dredd stories. They have already been published probably three or four times over, some of them. What with Best of 2000ad Monthly, Classic 2000 AD, The Complete Judge Dredd, Judge Dredd Case Files and many other graphic novels there are probably a few different versions of the collected stories you can already buy, so what makes these so special?

Well, they have been beautifully bound in hardback with special panoramic artwork along the spine, the books include some bonus material and concept artwork, and they are also giving away some great free gifts if you subscribe early.

Personally it's the hardback covers which interested me, they are going to look superb along with the rest of my collection. I also covet any 2000 AD freebies that aren't available anywhere else. Plus, it gives me the perfect excuse to re-read all these top-notch Dredd epics.

Issue #1 is America, which I never even read, back-in-the-day, because it originally appeared in Judge Dredd the Megazine back in 1990. At that time I had to decide whether to put my paper round wages towards the Megazine, or Crisis, and Crisis won. Of, course, I've read it since. I'm not a complete arse.

Artwork is by Colin MacNeil and a script by Dredd co-creator John Wagner. America is something of a milestone in Dredd's storyline, it introduced themes on bringing democracy back to Mega City One and is considered by many to be the best Dredd story ever!

It's not one of my all time favourites, but I might just change my mind after I read it again this weekend.

earl albums judge dredd mega collection picture7854 judge dredd mega collection america - Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection

earl albums judge dredd mega collection picture7855 judge dredd mega collection america - Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection

earl albums judge dredd mega collection picture7856 judge dredd mega collection america - Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Default Re: Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection

Earl - 2000ad have just started podcasting. Only 2 episodes to date and they are talking about the release of this collection. Worth a listen if you are a fan,

I have electronic versions of your missing progs.

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Great Britain

I enjoyed reading issue #1 of the Mega Collection. It's not just the original America story, it's a collection of all the stories which feature that character and the events which surround her, and it was great reading them one after the other.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

Brett Ewins who drew a lot of Dredd's, Anderson Rogue Trooper and Bad Company in the 80s has just died.

Great artist but extremely troubled, he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and recently did time for stabbing a copper.

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Great Britain

Shit, that is sad news. Ewins did some of my faves.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

One of favourite 2000AD artists is Kevin o'neill. I just loved his attention to macabre detail.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424278638.267345.jpg

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Great Britain

Loved his work on Nemesis. Have you read the League of Extraordinary Gentleman? Some excellent Kev O'Neill stuff in that.

One of my other faves is Ian Gibson.

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts