Thread: The Fantastic Four (2015)

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 751
    Given: 1,793
    Great Britain

Default Re: The Fantastic Four (2015)

I'm currently right into comic-book movies, especially Marvel ones, but specifically the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

I'm not really a fan of The Fantastic Four comics or previous films. I always thought The Thing was pretty cool though, except for in the previous movies of course. I didn't really like the look of this reboot either, the casting did seem strange. They've crow-barred in a mixed race family for no real reason which was just unnecessary. Also, the main protagonists are all very young, or meant to be very young, I think the actors are all actually in their late twenties or early thirties. I don't picture Mr Fantastic as being young, or Ben Grimm.

The trailer wasn't very impressive, no part of me believed that this film was going to rival The Avengers, or Guardians of the Galaxy, or any of the X-Men films. Then came this weeks reviews, which fucking crucified it. All week I've been reading how completely shit Fantastic Four is, a snore-fest with no action and shit CGI.

Well, they were right about Dr. Doom looking shit. I don't know what they were thinking there, he looked really shite. Fortunately he's not even in it that long. A lot of people criticised that fact, but I thought that was probably a good decision.

Overall I thought the rest of the film was quite OK. It wasn't that boring, somehow or other they did manage to make me interested in the characters and what was going to happen to them. I thought ultimately the cast were pretty good, especially Jamie Bell. The special effects were OK for the most part, The Thing looked great. I would definitely go and watch a sequel, if they do go ahead and make one.

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts