Thread: The NHS

~ The Great Cambinho ~ CambCelt's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 199
    England

Default The NHS

Lots of NHS talk in the media lately, which I've noticed for various reasons but now one of the stories is very local!

Major incident declared at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge | Cambridge News

9287382 large - The NHS

A major incident has been declared at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.

The hospital trust has been forced to activate major incident plans which means operations will be cancelled and consultants will put in longer hours to discharge patients and free up beds.

0 Not allowed!
    icon smile - The NHS
    ~ Dance, Trance & Magic Plants ~
    tongue - The NHS

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Default Re: The NHS

Bad timing for Cameron with an election luming.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 14
    Bhutan

The NHS is one of the best things this country has and I feel sorry for the poor cunts who work for it who are being used as pawns.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    England

0 Not allowed!
    icon smile - The NHS
    tongue - The NHS

Thumbs Up
    England

I was/am supposed to start work with Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT) but those who sent me the letter saying a provisional yes are no longer contactable by 'phone or email (no replies to either)! Very strange.

I'm still looking through the NHS job opportunities on-line but these days I am less expectant of a reply to any applications submitted..

CPFT logo - The NHS

0 Not allowed!
    icon smile - The NHS
    tongue - The NHS

Thumbs Up
    England

Default Special Measures

Three GP surgeries put into special measures over patient safety concerns

Watchdog takes unprecedented step over ‘significant areas of concern’ at practices in Reading, Liverpool and Sale

Three GP surgeries put into special measures over patient safety concerns | Society | The Guardian

NHS inspectors have put three GP surgeries into special measures for the first time after finding failings they judged to be so worrying that patients’ safety was at risk.

The Care Quality Commission has taken the unprecedented step after uncovering “significant areas of concern” at practices in Reading, Liverpool and Sale, Cheshire.

It rated all three as offering patients an inadequate service overall.

They are the first surgeries to be told to make major improvements urgently or risk being shut altogether by the NHS care watchdog taking away their licence to operate.

The CQC has taken the tough approach after inspectors found problems including too few staff, patients waiting up to four weeks to get an appointment, medical records not being kept up to date and medicines not being looked after properly at the practices.

But the watchdog’s action sparked a row with the doctors’ union, which warned that naming and shaming particular surgeries was unfair and would deepen their problems, for example by dissuading GPs from going to work there to help it improve.

All three practices were classified as inadequate by CQC inspectors and each now has six months in which to dramatically overhaul how they operate or face being closed. Special measures means they will be put under strict supervision and offered a package of help to improve coordinated by NHS England and the Royal College of GPs.

0 Not allowed!
    icon smile - The NHS
    tongue - The NHS

Today's Posts New Posts