Thread: So, how has your year been?

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,583
    Given: 2,353
    England

Default Re: So, how has your year been?

2014 felt mainly like hard work, even now as i'm trying to think about how to sum it all up Spud is trying to climb on the desk to get to a box of Quality Street and knocking Earl's keyboard flying

Our new house was hard work in 2014. We had loads of stuff done to it that we didn't plan for, it's all turned fab but having workmen and Spud in the same space is seriously stressy.

Work has been hard work, I dunno but it feels like everyone wants more for less, it can feel like take take take but on the plus side i'm working in the same room as two of my best mates so that's been ace.

Spud, he is mega hard work, he's demanding and needy (he's currently clawing at my leg because i'm looking at the screen and not him). He requires a LOT of attention and exercise so my days are planned around him and his needs. Spud has made a lot of good friends locally, and thanks to chatting to their parents I have realised that he is not actually that bad LOL, others have it far worse.

The lad is doing well, he's settled at uni and aside from the odd emergency like not having enough cash for a haircut or breaking his mobile screen he's managing really well.

I've seen some great bands, Kate Bush and Peter Gabriel for deffo we're amazing, eaten some great food, chateaubriand was the bollocks, drank funky cocktails, and won some amazing competitions.

My plan for 2015 is to be more relaxed. It feels like all the hard work has been done in 2014, Spud will be two in January so should start to calm down a little (although Earl belly laughs when I say that ), work is all changing, i'll be doing a new job soon so i'll lose all my stressy complex extra responsibilities, the house isn't finished but it's already better than I ever thought it would be so no rush to do anything in particular. Things might change though, we're contemplating getting a little sister for Spud, if we do what happens next could either be the best thing we're ever done or this time next year i'll be grey, shaking and complaining about how stressful 2015 was.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

On the whole 2014 was a good year with a great balance of family, friends and my time. Usual amount of gigs seen throughout the year and been some great parties and met a few A to C list Celebs.

Kids are growing up nicely still polite to everyone they meet and we haven't too date we haven't had the teenage bust ups some of my mates have been through.

This year is a biggie for me - I hit fifty. So shed loads of stuff planned throughout the year. My wife is taking me to Berlin in June - I've always wanted to go there. We have a bit of shindig in March with a couple of bands already signed up to play and with any luck off to Vietnam in August. Although may have to go on hold as the cost of the new bathroom is spiralling out of control.

Concerts already lined up are the Foo Fighters, Reef, Thunder, Derren Brown and Stuart Lee.

My son is being fast tracked for Maths and sits GCSE a year early in June. He is doing his mock this week and extremely nervous.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

On the whole 2014 was a good year with a great balance of family, friends and my time. Usual amount of gigs seen throughout the year and been some great parties and met a few A to C list Celebs.

Kids are growing up nicely still polite to everyone they meet and we haven't too date we haven't had the teenage bust ups some of my mates have been through.

This year is a biggie for me - I hit fifty. So shed loads of stuff planned throughout the year. My wife is taking me to Berlin in June - I've always wanted to go there. We have a bit of shindig in March with a couple of bands already signed up to play and with any luck off to Vietnam in August. Although may have to go on hold as the cost of the new bathroom is spiralling out of control.

Concerts already lined up are the Foo Fighters, Reef, Thunder, Derren Brown and Stuart Lee.

My son is being fast tracked for Maths and sits GCSE a year early in June. He is doing his mock this week and extremely nervous.

0 Not allowed!

~ The Great Cambinho ~ CambCelt's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 199
    England

Default Too right! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Camb View Post
    I get to spend time with Camb, who's actually rather lovely

0 Not allowed!
    icon smile - So, how has your year been?
    ~ Dance, Trance & Magic Plants ~
    tongue - So, how has your year been?

Today's Posts New Posts