Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, how has your year been?

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,255
    Given: 2,958

Default So, how has your year been?

It's almost the end of the year, so how has yours been and what plans do you have for next year?

Mine's been mainly crap, probably one of the worst years I've had. Nothing really bad has happened, but it's been a very sad year for some reason. I think a lot of it is mainly down to where I live. I seem to have started spending my life just waiting it out like one of those old people, just hoping for something to happen. I've never been like that before, so something definitely needs to change!

So, the plan is to move. Start again, somewhere totally new and alien to us. Circumstances have forced us to move, but we wanted to anyway and just see it as an early kick up the bum because we wouldn't have done anything until the end of summer and even then we'd have only moved to another area of France. We've had our time in France though and we were only staying so my son could finish school. When the social security decide they want another 42% of your wages, you know it's time to leave.

It's all very scary stuff because it's totally the unknown, yet there's a slight bubble of excitement in there as well. We're planning to move from a very quiet area to a very populated area right next to the entertainment district of Malta. We usually go for quiet, but we want a total change so we're doing the opposite of what we'd usually do. We haven't planned it this way, but we'll arrive in Malta exactly 10 years to the day that we arrived in France, so that's a bit freaky. Five weeks today and we'll already be on our way!

I don't know what else we'll be doing next year, but hopefully it'll start to be fun again.

0 Not allowed!

~ The Great Cambinho ~ CambCelt's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 199
    England

Default Re: So, how has your year been?

I've had some horrible low points, but that's history and I got together with Mrs Camb who is amazing and has helped me so much. I now have a positive feel about next year and that's at least 99% because of her. I'm hoping to not let her or myself down, and for some good fortune as we both deserve it.

P. s: all the best, Breezy! x

0 Not allowed!
    icon smile - So, how has your year been?
    ~ Dance, Trance & Magic Plants ~
    tongue - So, how has your year been?

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,245
    Given: 2,296
    Scotland

Hasn't been a good year for me. My project that I had come to love came to an end and I had about three to four months with nothing to work on. I have had a couple of small projects since then and luckily I have one in the new year, but when that finishes I have no idea what I will work on next, if anything. Do things have gone from being pretty secure to not knowing if I will have a job in a few months time. Hope next year is better.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 14
    Bhutan

Well... where do I start?

The year started with the fall-out from the relationship break-up in Dublin after Christmas last year, so that was a shitty start.

Then came the sleep apnea stuff and the surgery from that. I'm still not actually certain I'm glad I had it done, especially with all the stuff that came after it. So that was a shitter too.

In July/August something really shocking and seriously bad happened, I won't be saying any more about that on a public forum but as you lot know I'm pretty open about stuff good or bad even in public on here, but not for this I'm afraid, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Got so overworked at one point that I was actually ordered to go to the doctors and ended up on sleeping pills, which wasn't great.

Hardly seen the kids this year due to work and other shit.

Currently got a broken finger.

There is only one big positive I can think of, but that's going to be a 2015 one, I should be on a course local to the kids for a few months next year.

This year has been one of the worst years of my life.

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,255
    Given: 2,958

The way I look at it is, if this year has been a bad one next year can only get better.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 45
    Given: 20

Worst and best year for me. Obviously my husband left me in April and although we weren't happy, I never got married to end up divorced. He's been and still is a bit of a dick and has just started divorce proceedings...
    I left my job and was headhunted by the company I now work for. Started there on the 28th april jusy 2 weeks after Rick left and I already run a team of people. In the meantime I got chatting to my lovely boyfriend as we had worked together but obviously I left that place. By June we were together and a happy accident has resulted in us expecting out 1st baby IN April next year.

Been very busy and emotional but I'm the happiest I have ever been so it's all meant to be!

X

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,245
    Given: 2,296
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Well... where do I start?

The year started with the fall-out from the relationship break-up in Dublin after Christmas last year, so that was a shitty start.

Then came the sleep apnea stuff and the surgery from that. I'm still not actually certain I'm glad I had it done, especially with all the stuff that came after it. So that was a shitter too.

In July/August something really shocking and seriously bad happened, I won't be saying any more about that on a public forum but as you lot know I'm pretty open about stuff good or bad even in public on here, but not for this I'm afraid, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Got so overworked at one point that I was actually ordered to go to the doctors and ended up on sleeping pills, which wasn't great.

Hardly seen the kids this year due to work and other shit.

Currently got a broken finger.

There is only one big positive I can think of, but that's going to be a 2015 one, I should be on a course local to the kids for a few months next year.

This year has been one of the worst years of my life.
    That sounds like a real shitter and I hope things are better for you next year.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 175
    Given: 165

So, how has your year been?

Boring, just another year gone by. I hope next year I get somewhere in life.

0 Not allowed!

Neddie Seagoon
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 4

pretty crap year. might be as we all get older it will just get shitteerranshiterer.

but maybe I'm wrong and things will get bettereranbetter

0 Not allowed!
    kiddie playdate girlsgogames com - So, how has your year been?

Registered Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

I made a bad decision work wise in May and should have remained in my well-paid, stress-free could do with my eyes shut job, but on impulse accepted an offer from a friend to join her new firm for far less money, and now find myself working fewer hours than I want, doing things I made perfectly clear that I wasn't prepared to do, because my boss is my friend and she needs me and I can't bear to let her down.

But as I only work 13 hours a week I really shouldn't complain. My kids and parents are healthy and happy, I get to spend time with Camb, who's actually rather lovely and I have wonderful friends and family around me.

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts