Thread: Girl was coached by mother into believing her father didn't want her

Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 14
    Bhutan

Default Girl was coached by mother into believing her father didn't want her

BBC News - Girl 'coached by mother' to believe father rejected her

A 10-year-old-girl was "coached" by her mother into believing her father rejected her, a judge has ruled.

At a High Court hearing in London, Mrs Justice Parker said the youngster had been manipulated into believing her father did not want her.

The judge said the girl, who "ranted" about her father, should be removed from her mother's care.

Surrey County Council will take responsibility for the girl ahead of a hoped for reconciliation.

The unidentified youngster, who had been taken abroad in defiance of court orders, was "coached or persuaded" by her mother into believing her father did not care for her or want to see her, Mrs Justice Parker said.

The judge said the girl "ranted" about her father, who lives in England, but hoped short term care provided by social workers would facilitate the girl's return to her him.

The court heard the girl was likely to be resistant to being reunited with her father without the help of carers.

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 1,760
    Great Britain

Default Re: Girl was coached by mother into believing her father didn't want her

I bet most divorced mothers do that, or try to do that.

0 Not allowed!

Registered Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Re: Girl was coached by mother into believing her father didn't want her

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    I bet most divorced mothers do that, or try to do that.
    I have to disagree - I think most divorced/separated mothers are heart broken that their children are no longer living within a stable family unit just because they (the mothers) couldn't make things work with the fathers, and will bend over backwards to make sure the father-child relationship flourishes. Unless of course having the father around is detrimental to the child.

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 740
    Given: 1,760
    Great Britain

OK then, but I bet it's about 11-15%.

Parental Alienation Syndrome (PAS) was not included in DSMV but research has found that it is more common than is often assumed. Fidler & Bala (2010) report both an increasing incidence and increased judicial findings of parental alienation; they report estimates of parental alienation in 11-15% of divorces involving children. Bernet et al (2010) estimate that about 1% of children and adolescents in North America experience parental alienation.

Gardner (1985, 2002)defines PAS as

‘a disorder that arises primarily in the context of child-custody disputes. Its primary manifestation is the child’s campaign of denigration against a parent, a campaign that has no justification. It results from the combination of a programming (brainwashing) parent’s indoctrinations and the child’s own contributions* to the vilification of the target parent. When true parental abuse and/or neglect is present the child’s animosity may be justified, and so the parental alienation syndrome explanation for the child’s hostility is not applicable’
    Parental Alienation Syndrome: What We Need to Know | empathic-anger-management

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts