The first batch of Euro 2016 qualifying matches include these:

Andorra v Wales
    Germany v Scotland
    Georgia v Republic of Ireland
    Hungary v Northern Ireland
    Switzerland v England

European Qualifiers - Matches ? UEFA.com

UEFA:
    Wales’s opening Euro 2016 qualifier on Tuesday will go ahead on Andorra’s 3G pitch after the surface passed a Uefa inspection.

Doubts over the game were raised last month after tests on the surface at the rebuilt 3,300-capacity national stadium in Andorra la Vella showed that the ball may roll too fast.

However, after a close inspection by Uefa officials, the pitch was passed, and the Football Association of Wales confirmed the game would go ahead as planned, rather than be moved to Barcelona.

Before the decision was announced, the Wales manager Chris Coleman said: “Ideally we’d be on the grass as we’re not used to playing on a 3G pitch. My message to our players is ‘forget where we’re playing’. We’ve got to get a result and whatever the surface we’ve got to get through it and do our job.”
    Telegraph:
    Scotland's Euro 2016 qualifying date with Germany in Dortmund on Sunday will evoke powerful memories for Mark McGhee, who made his debut for Hamburg there 30 years ago – not that everybody was sure at the time that he was really on the field.

The Scotland assistant manager had been arrived from Alex Ferguson’s Aberdeen but was not at his best when he took the field against Borussia Dortmund in the Westfalen Stadion, where his performance baffled the former West Germany striker, Klaus Fischer.

“The thing that always sticks in my mind is a quote from Klaus Fischer when he said he thought Aberdeen had sent over my brother,” McGhee said. “That was his appraisal of my debut. I felt that was a bit hard although I didn’t play all that well. I spent the week before the game with poison in my toes and could hardly train. I was playing when I probably shouldn’t have and the night before the game – for the only time in my life – I had some sort of stomach upset. I was up most of the night, so that’s what I remember most. We won the game and I was booked in the first two minutes for cementing the goalie. I explained to the referee: 'That’s what we do in Scotland.’ So I am hoping for a slightly better experience in Dortmund this time, though I do remember that day with a certain form of fondness.”
    UEFA:
    Georgia are on the lookout for a first victory against the Republic of Ireland at the sixth attempt as they get their UEFA EURO 2016 Group D campaign under way.

Georgia will hope to kick off their UEFA EURO 2016 Group D campaign with a break from the norm as they take on the Republic of Ireland for a sixth time, still looking for a first win against their opponents.
    BBC:
    Ben Reeves and Alex Bruce have been forced to withdraw from the Northern Ireland squad for the European Championship qualifier against Hungary.

The uncapped Reeves misses Sunday's tie in Budapest with a hamstring injury.

The 22-year-old midfielder had hoped to make his debut after impressing in MK Dons' recent League Cup win over Manchester United.

Hull defender Bruce has pulled out of manager Michael O'Neill's squad as his wife is due to give birth.

Stuart Dallas and Ryan McLaughlin withdrew from the squad through injury earlier this week.

Brentford winger Dallas has pulled out with a leg injury while Liverpool defender McLaughlin is also injured.
    Independent:
    Roy Hodgson goes into Monday’s crucial qualifier in Switzerland asking himself a question he might not have expected: how does he get the best out of the teenager who is the key to England’s success?

It has all happened quickly but this weekend, on the eve of England’s first Euro 2016 qualifier, their best and most important attacking player, the man most likely to secure a win over the Swiss, is Liverpool’s brilliant 19-year-old Raheem Sterling.

The sudden switch in Sterling, from promise to excellence, has been one of the stories of English football in 2014. Wayne Rooney has had a poor year – further underlined by his display in the 1-0 win over Norway on Wednesday – while Steven Gerrard has retired from the international game. Only Daniel Sturridge can rival Sterling’s status
    Edit: Sturridge is out with a thigh injury

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by CambCelt; 05-09-2014 at 19:33.
    icon smile - Euro 2016 qualifying matches
    ~ Dance, Trance & Magic Plants ~
    tongue - Euro 2016 qualifying matches

~ The Great Cambinho ~ CambCelt's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 199
    England

Football Rooney keen to avoid defeat

77414730 rooney pa - Euro 2016 qualifying matches

BBC Sport - Switzerland v England: Wayne Rooney keen to avoid defeat

England captain Wayne Rooney is wary of giving Switzerland the initiative in their Euro 2016 qualifying group.

The sides face each other in their opening qualifier on Monday and are regarded as the two strongest teams in Group E, which also includes Slovenia, Estonia, Lithuania and San Marino.

"It is important to try to win," said 28-year-old striker Rooney.

"But I think not to get beat and give Switzerland the upper hand from the first game is vital."

0 Not allowed!

Neddie Seagoon
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 4

Default Re: Euro 2016 qualifying matches

going to be tough. I think man for man they are a better side.

0 Not allowed!
    kiddie playdate girlsgogames com - Euro 2016 qualifying matches

Thumbs Up
    England

Football Re: Euro 2016 qualifying matches

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest Rants View Post
    going to be tough. I think man for man they are a better side.
    I'm hoping that home advantage will not count for much but I fear that it will.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    England

Football Germany v Scotland

BBC Sport - Germany v Scotland

v

Norwich City defender Russell Martin could miss Scotland's opening Euro 2016 qualifier against Germany on Sunday.

The 28-year-old has a groin strain and did not take part in Saturday's training session.

Darren Fletcher will captain the Scots for the first time in almost two years following a battle against chronic bowel disease ulcerative colitis.

Mario Gomez and Marco Reus have returned to the Germany squad after missing this year's World Cup triumph.

Jerome Boateng is likely to feature in defence after missing Wednesday's 4-2 friendly defeat by Argentina.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    England

Football Gibraltar v Poland

Gibraltar v Poland

The first 'proper' international for the Gibs. Good luck to them!

Gibraltar v Poland streaming + preview | fanatix Sport News

Gibraltar will play Poland in their first ever competitive match.

UEFA recently recognised the Gibraltar Football Association, meaning the tiny country are now able to participate in the European Championship qualifiers.

The home side have played in several friendlies in preparation for their first competitive game, the most recent being a 1-0 victory over Malta.

While Poland go into the game with a more realistic chance of qualifying for Euro 2014, they still haven’t played a match since their 2-1 victory over Lithuania in June.
    BBC Sport - Gibraltar face Poland in their competitive European debut

Gibraltar captain Roy Chipolina says he is "living the dream" as his side prepare for their competitive debut against Poland in a Euro 2016 qualifier tonight (Sunday).

Uefa's newest member, with a population of around 30,000, is made up largely of amateur players.

But defender Chipolina said: "Any game I play for Gibraltar is extra special.

"If anyone told me two years ago I'd be facing Robert Lewandowski I'd have told them they were mad."

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by CambCelt; 07-09-2014 at 14:13.

Registered Member Humphrey Ballbag's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Come on Scotland!.

Ye bled wi Wallace, now bleed with me.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    England

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey Ballbag View Post
    Come on Scotland!

Ye bled wi Wallace, now bleed with me.
    Would be great if you beat the Jerries. Good luck!

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,293
    Given: 2,325
    Scotland

Ha! Some hope. Saw a lot of the fans all dressed in kilts etc at Edinburgh airport yesteray morning. They were very well behaved as always.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    England

Quote Originally Posted by timey View Post
    Ha! Some hope. Saw a lot of the fans all dressed in kilts etc at Edinburgh airport yesteray morning. They were very well behaved as always.
    Do you know if it's on (Scottish) TV Timey? Is it on Sky?

Btw, have faith mate! You never know...

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by CambCelt; 07-09-2014 at 18:05.

Today's Posts New Posts