Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A special new member

Registered Member Humphrey Ballbag's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Re: A special new member

Missus Camb, it's great to have you here, am here as a newbie only days ago myself...

Others are most likely right when they say there is a mixture of all sorts, every forum does get that, but everyone has been braw with me, I've not had any abuse whatsoever, I'm not saying that can't change as I guess it can, bit I'm only abusive if I'm given it BECAUSE I don't like people being abusive for no reason whatsoever...

I'm sure most of us won't just tolerate abuse anyway, there are certain levels of abuse I can just turn away from.. but in the past I've had clowns saying my wee lovely and hyper toddler is a ' retard' etc... stuff from the gutter and said in desperation as an ' insult'.

He's anything but, they say this as he is autistic.. he is so clever, it's just the communication part he has problems with and look like a we lassie!

He's coming on great at speech therapy and is always on the go up to mischief!

People say things to hurt, I've done so myself in retaliation... but never ever involved someone's kids in it... it's rock bottom really.

I've just being getting to know folks here and everyone has been nice, normal even helping me track a song down!

Just been getting to know your other half a bit too, and again, like all others I've spoken to is A-ok!

Im sure you will be fine here, just as I will be, the mods honestly seem a good bunch and I'm sure they would not let anyone be unjustly abused and I have confidence they would not wish to see good chat and debate stifled.

Cheers, HB

0 Not allowed!

~ The Great Cambinho ~ CambCelt's Avatar
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 324
    Given: 199
    England

The Morningstarr* Re: A special new member

Lol, nice one Humph.

0 Not allowed!
    icon smile - A special new member
    ~ Dance, Trance & Magic Plants ~
    tongue - A special new member

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,332
    Given: 2,395
    Scotland

You don't need to tolerate abuse, or not tolerate it. If anyone insults another member then they will be infracted or banned, depending on the offence. Generally it's three strikes and out. Don't be tempted to take your own retribution on perceived offenders either as that could get you into trouble rather than the alleged offender. Leave it to the mods, that's the best way. We've not had any real problems here for a while as the one and only rule we have about not insulting other members is clear and simple.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    England

The Morningstarr* Re: A special new member

Quote Originally Posted by timey View Post
    We've not had any real problems here for a while as the one and only rule we have about not insulting other members is clear and simple.
    Yeah, it's all very nice in here these days. Good stuff.

0 Not allowed!
    ~ Dance, Trance & Magic Plants ~
    tongue - A special new member

Registered Member Humphrey Ballbag's Avatar
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by timey View Post
    You don't need to tolerate abuse, or not tolerate it. If anyone insults another member then they will be infracted or banned, depending on the offence. Generally it's three strikes and out. Don't be tempted to take your own retribution on perceived offenders either as that could get you into trouble rather than the alleged offender. Leave it to the mods, that's the best way. We've not had any real problems here for a while as the one and only rule we have about not insulting other members is clear and simple.

I'm really just talking as a human here Timey, I can ignore most levels of abuse chief, but having had my bairn dragged into things as in insult in the past.. I just found that too much to ignore as I suspect others would too..

I'm just highlighting how low some will stoop amd even the most tolerant of us have our breaking points when it comes to certain levels of abuse, I'm not perfect and it's certainly not my intention to dish any out.

But I'm very confident that as you say, the Mods would stop that as soon as it started.
    It seems to be a braw forum which I overlooked before BECAUSE there were one or two bad apples here, but it looks quite clear that is a thing of the past and that this forum is asshole free...

No doubt thanks to the weeding out process by staff and and quality posting by the good posters, ken .

But in short Timey, your quite right.

0 Not allowed!

Registered Member
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey Ballbag View Post
    Missus Camb, it's great to have you here, am here as a newbie only days ago myself...

Others are most likely right when they say there is a mixture of all sorts, every forum does get that, but everyone has been braw with me, I've not had any abuse whatsoever, I'm not saying that can't change as I guess it can, bit I'm only abusive if I'm given it BECAUSE I don't like people being abusive for no reason whatsoever...

I'm sure most of us won't just tolerate abuse anyway, there are certain levels of abuse I can just turn away from.. but in the past I've had clowns saying my wee lovely and hyper toddler is a ' retard' etc... stuff from the gutter and said in desperation as an ' insult'.

He's anything but, they say this as he is autistic.. he is so clever, it's just the communication part he has problems with and look like a we lassie!

He's coming on great at speech therapy and is always on the go up to mischief!

People say things to hurt, I've done so myself in retaliation... but never ever involved someone's kids in it... it's rock bottom really.

I've just being getting to know folks here and everyone has been nice, normal even helping me track a song down!

Just been getting to know your other half a bit too, and again, like all others I've spoken to is A-ok!

Im sure you will be fine here, just as I will be, the mods honestly seem a good bunch and I'm sure they would not let anyone be unjustly abused and I have confidence they would not wish to see good chat and debate stifled.

Cheers, HB
    Hey Humphrey we can be newbie mates together. It's a bit like starting a new school or job and I'm always worried that I'll say the wrong thing or cause offence. Camb thinks I'm very nosey and ask too many questions, but I'm just interested in people.

I hate bullying and I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with your son. There's an autistic boy in my son's class at school and all the other kids really look out for him. How old is your son?

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    England

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Camb View Post
    Camb thinks I'm very nosey and ask too many questions
    You said that about yourself!

0 Not allowed!