Thumbs Up
    Received: 741
    Given: 1,763
    Great Britain

Default Marvel Movies

7EmbcKM - Marvel Movies

Movies | Marvel.com

Aren't Marvel Movies marvellous!

I've recently started collecting Marvel Studios Blu-rays. Although I've been a comics fan for many years, I preferred British comics and never bothered with any superhero stuff from Marvel, or DC.

But when the first X-Men movie was released in 2000 I was quite impressed, and X2 was superb so I looked forward to and enjoyed X-Men: The Last Stand when it came out in 2006. For whatever reason I just didn't bother going to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine, then I never bothered with X-Men: First Class or The Wolverine last year. In fact, although I did watch the first Fantastic Four movie, and I'd seen Daredevil and Iron Man, I must have just lost interest in Marvel Movies by 2008. The Fantastic Four was a lot less than fantastic, but Daredevil was good (despite Affleck) and Iron Man is brilliant, so I don't know why I wasn't bothered about seeing X-Men Origins, or Iron Man 2.

I did make the effort of going to see Captain America: The First Avenger, but didn't really feel the urge to go and watch any of the Thor, Hulk or Spider-Man movies. The Avengers looked really good too, but 'cos I hadn't watched Thor I couldn't be arsed.

Then I saw the trailers for X-Men: Days of Future Past earlier this year and realised I'd really dropped a bollock not watching the previous few X-Men films. I think I'd decided that the films that came after The Last Stand weren't really connected to the same storyline, even though Hugh Jackman was always the Wolverine. But when I saw Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, and Halle Berry were back in the films I was definitely more interested, so I bought all the previous X-Men movies on glorious high-definition Blu-ray and watched them before going to the cinema to see Days of Future Past.

The first one I missed, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, was very good. I'd fancied watching this one at the time, but couldn't understand why Sabretooth looked so different from how he did in the first X-Men movie, and how Wolverine didn't recognise him when they met in that movie. That's why I thought they were cocking about with the continuity a lot, and there really wasn't any. Well, the reasons are kind of explained away in the film, and it is a great movie.

So then I watched First Class, which really was first class. I went ahead and watched Days of Future Past after this, and it was as amazing as I'd hoped it was going to be. I did watch Wolverine the other day, and I thought it was a bit crap.

The other movie I've been dying to see is The Avengers. I'd seen Iron Man and Captain America: The First Avenger so I just wanted to see Iron Man 2, The Incredible Hulk and Thor before I watch Avengers. I've also been watching Marvel's Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D. on TV, so I need to catch up.

Iron Man 2 was as good as I expected, better really because Mickey Rourke wasn't as shit as I'd feared. I did enjoy Thor, even though the whole Asgardian thing seemed piss-poor. And The Incredible Hulk was OK, I always thought the Hulk was a fairly naff character. I haven't seen the other Hulk movie with Eric Bana in, is it better or worse?

So tomorrow I will be watching The Avengers, then I have Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World waiting on Blu-ray, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier on pre-order with Amazon.

I'll definitely be watching Guardians of the Galaxy in a few weeks, and I think I'm going to complete my Blu-ray collection of all the Marvel movies, are the Spider-Man ones any good?

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Great Britain

Default Re: Marvel Movies

Watched The Avengers today and it was blimmin' awesome. You could tell it was a Joss Whedon movie, really enjoyed how the superheroes interacted.

Ruffalo was definitely a better Bruce Banner, in fact the Hulk was very good in this film despite being such a rather one-dimensional character. And he knocks the fuck out of Loki.

0 Not allowed!

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Great Britain

I've been treating myself to more Marvel movies. Obviously I watched Guardians of the Galaxy the other week, which was top-banana. I'm right up to date with all the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, and I've just started watching the second season of Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D on the telly-box. Hayley Atwell turned up in the first episode, and I believe there is going to be an Agent Peggy Carter TV show of its own. There's also going to be four TV shows being made for Netflix which are part of the MCU and will crossover and link up, they're going to be Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. That's quite exciting.

Today Marvel have confirmed the third phase of MCU. There is an Ant Man film and Avengers: Age of Ultron for next year, then Phase Three:

May 6th 2016: Captain America: Serpent Society

November 4th 2016: Doctor Strange (Scott Derrickson formally confirmed as director)

May 5th 2017: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 (new release date)

July 28th 2017: Thor: Ragnarok (Tom Hiddleston will be back as Loki)

November 3rd 2017: Black Panther

May 4th 2018: Avengers: Infinity War

July 6th 2018: Captain Marvel

November 2nd 2018: Inhumans

And apparently Benedict (penwings) Cumberbatch will be playing Doctor Strange.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

It wouldn't be civil war without him

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts