Thread: Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour's dictatorship

Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 169

The Sun Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour's dictatorship

27EUSSR flag272C combination of EU flag and USSR hammer and sickle - Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour's dictatorshipeurope4all poster - Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour's dictatorship
    10390163 509188019226464 1504081092820023779 n - Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour's dictatorship

Ed Miliband today refused to change his position on Europe or immigration - despite UKIP's historic European and local elections success last week.

The Labour leader said Britain would never leave the EU under his leadership and refused to outline tougher controls on migration.

But in a rebuke to Tony Blair, Mr Miliband admitted the last Labour Government had not done enough to listen to people's concerns about mass immigration from Eastern Europe.

Tony Blair this morning urged Ed Miliband to 'stand up, to lead' by tackling Nigel Farage on Europe and immigration. He said the Conservatives had not achieved anything by offering voters an in-out poll by 2017

Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour | Mail Online

Do you think Labour would be more popular if Tony Blair returns as leader?

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 14
    Bhutan

Default Re: Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour's dictatorship

The EU is great, we get loads of money from them.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 179
    Given: 169

Default Re: Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour's dictatorship

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    The EU is great, we get loads of money from them.
    Why are they not in our (personal) bank accounts then?

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,405
    Given: 2,508
    Scotland

Because "we" doesn't always have to mean us personally. When are people going to realise that there is more to life than just them. They have a decent life because there is infrastructure, there are hospitals, schools and welfare. All these things have to be paid for. That's the trouble with people in this country, if they are not getting money given to them personally they think it is being trousered directly by the politicians. Well, that's not true, most of it goes to keeping the country running. I wish people would wake up for fuck's sake.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Most Councils play the game there are numerous European Regional Development Funds that they can apply for. In the past year I am aware over 500m being claimed by 44 councils in the UK. That is just the tip of the iceberg. From what I've seen we get more out of Europe than we pay in.

I think it would be a huge mistake if we came out of European - huge chance of wrecking the UK economy for many years. It's the same reason why I believe Scotland should vote against independence.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

Quote Originally Posted by FreeBBC View Post
    27EUSSR flag272C combination of EU flag and USSR hammer and sickle - Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour's dictatorshipeurope4all poster - Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour's dictatorship
    10390163 509188019226464 1504081092820023779 n - Ed Miliband vows Britain will NEVER leave EU under Labour's dictatorship

Do you think Labour would be more popular if Tony Blair returns as leader?
    You reap what you sow. Labour voted for the wrong Milliband as leader. That only happened because of their antiquated ties with the Unions. Labour need to rethink its leadership approach and how much influence the unions should have. Personally, I think they have blown their chance of getting re-elected in 2015. Ed Milliband is completely ineffectual and most people really don't trust Ed Balls as he helped cock up the economy last time round.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,405
    Given: 2,508
    Scotland

Yeah, David was the obvious choice to me.

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts