Thread: The alert button,do you use it ?

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default The alert button,do you use it ?

What is acceptable behaviour.
    I would never even dream of it.
    There will always be limits but I police myself.
    I dont need that function, I post only to make you smile
    may not always work but seems to do the trick.
    Why would you want to impose your views on others or dare to say it not decent or correct, no-one forced to answer, read or correct, are your views always the most valid but you get scared to post them?

0 Not allowed!

The Unseen Hero
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 270
    Given: 47
    Palestinian Territory

Default Re: The alert button,do you use it ?

yes and no

0 Not allowed!
    Orbis non sufficit

13 medium - The alert button,do you use it ?

'I'd sit alone and watch your light,
    My only friend through teenage nights,
    And everything I had to know, I heard it on my radio'

Standard Confederate
    Thumbs Up

I generally don't use the alert button, I usually argue back, but then that's not always acceptable, so I don't know what the answer is really. Of course I could always ignore what I think are insulting comments but I've never been very good at that.

0 Not allowed!

Webmaster
    Thumbs Up

The Alert button is there to help...

Abuse it and not another forum member.

I like to think of this forum as a tag team. The alert button is your way of tagging in the admin to get someone off your back.

The only real rule here is that of personal insults. There's no need for it, and is a sign you're losing the argument. Just say no, kiddies...

Anything goes here, members should leave their emotions at the door and be open minded (as much as possible). Any member is open to discuss whatever they want. And everyone should feel secure enough to dredge up their most stupid ideas, without the threat of someone attacking them for it...

Arguing is OK, just as long as it's above the belt. If someone is going to say something really stupid, they'd be best to explain 'why' and be open for others to talk you 'round.

0 Not allowed!
    banner - The alert button,do you use it ?

Thumbs Up

I've only ever used it once on here, because somebody insulted me (I think they called me a 'fucking wanker', which is either oxymoronic or just moronic), in response to a pretty innocuous post of mine not long after I'd joined (I wouldn't bother looking for it - the insult was removed, but I don't recall getting an apology).

Ofcourse I've been called worse in real life, so the actual insult didn't offend me as much as the idea that the other person felt they could say that to me without censure. I left it a while but it didn't look like admin were going to deal with it without prompting, so I hit the button. I'd do the same again in a heartbeat - that's what it's there for.

Anyway, there are more subtle ways of letting people know they aren't on your Christmas card list ("Oh, if there's one thing I can't stand it's patronising cunts."), but you still have to pick your words carefully to avoid an alert or a ban - it's fun!

0 Not allowed!

Standard Confederate
    Thumbs Up

On DS I hardly ever use the alert button because I don't want to draw attention to myself. There was one bloke who insulted me about 10 times but I didn't alert him. In the end I got someone else to do it because he called me a whore.

So if anyone spots me on DS, remember you can insult me all you like and I probably won't alert you.

Quote Originally Posted by THE V0NZ View Post
    Anyway, there are more subtle ways of letting people know they aren't on your Christmas card list ("Oh, if there's one thing I can't stand it's patronising cunts."), but you still have to pick your words carefully to avoid an alert or a ban - it's fun!

Hah! I think there was an subtle insult in there directed at me so I'm going to alert you!

Only joking.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Earl; 17-07-2007 at 18:49.

Today's Posts New Posts