Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why o'why.why do you fall in love?

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Why o'why.why do you fall in love?

With me it's different, I see the face and fall in love with the face.
    Done it all my life but the ones I truly love aren't the best lookers just nice people.
    I always go for the best lookers but end up on my own, not knocking it but SFB made me wonder why?
    I can pull them but I cant keep them, absolutely true.
    I can chat away to the ones everyone wants and get the dates but down the line my attitude or something stops me. I dont want the commitment and all that goes with it.
    dont know how you lot cope with it but I just cant.

0 Not allowed!

Standard Confederate
    Thumbs Up

Default Re: Why o'why.why do you fall in love?

Which is it - you can't keep them, or you get rid of them?

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Fenella View Post
    Which is it - you can't keep them, or you get rid of them?
    Walk away lil one, when I love someone I will give anything on earth except commitment, cant do that somehow, would never cheat, learned that lesson but I love my dogs more than the girl, always true, I will never change, only family mean more than my dogs, everyone else either understands that or it ends.
    True.

0 Not allowed!

Standard Confederate
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by blackdahlia View Post
    Walk away lil one, when I love someone I will give anything on earth except commitment, cant do that somehow, would never cheat, learned that lesson but I love my dogs more than the girl, always true, I will never change, only family mean more than my dogs, everyone else either understands that or it ends.
    True.
    Maybe you just prefer being on your own. Some people do, but they feel they "should" be with someone.

When you say "girl" do you mean a very young woman? Maybe you should look for someone older - you are in your 40s after all.

Also, reading between the lines, I think you're quite proud to be commitment-shy. You're obviously unwilling to compromise at all, so you'll probably never find anyone who will put up with that.

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up

Maybe you just prefer being on your own. Some people do, but they feel they "should" be with someone.

When you say "girl" do you mean a very young woman? Maybe you should look for someone older - you are in your 40s after all.

Also, reading between the lines, I think you're quite proud to be commitment-shy. You're obviously unwilling to compromise at all, so you'll probably never find anyone who will put up with that.
    I'm happy as I am, well sort of, anyone that says they dont get lonely sometimes probably lying to themselves really, go out with people but know they would expect my dogs to follow and fetch. I love them to much, never met someone who loves animals like I do, know people like that but already hooked up.
    Get the dates easy enough but cant meet the one, if there is one, you'd have to be out of this world lovely to make me fall for you enough to change.

0 Not allowed!

Standard Confederate
    Thumbs Up

Well it's not really about changing, it's about compromising. After all, I don't think any woman would want to be less important than a dog, but then they would have to understand how important the dogs are to you, so they would have to love dogs too. I love animals but if someone consistently put their pet before me then I wouldn't take too kindly to that.

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Thumbs Up

Well it's not really about changing, it's about compromising. After all, I don't think any woman would want to be less important than a dog, but then they would have to understand how important the dogs are to you, so they would have to love dogs too. I love animals but if someone consistently put their pet before me then I wouldn't take too kindly to that.
    It's a problem that will never go away, even the thought of someone telling my dogs what to do, even I dont do it
    they knock things over, nice things I dont care honest doesn't worry me in the slightest, things are nothing to me, i've made or owned some gorgeous Jewellery but never wore one piece of it in my life, brother loves to show it off, silly cow is seriously ill but seems to think that is cool,
    I've had enough of crap attitudes to last me a life time.

0 Not allowed!

Standard Confederate
    Thumbs Up

Hmm, I think you might be doomed as far as women are concerned BD.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,632
    Given: 2,406
    England

I can picture the scene. A candlelight supper round at Blackdahlias, instead of playing footsie and staring into each others eyes he's there one hand petting his dog and another throwing scraps of his dinner to them, asking if you're gonna eat that cos if not the dogs'll have it. When you retire to the sofa for coffee you'll end up wearing half of it as the dogs jump up on there too, he'll just ignore you sat sitting there burning and stained whilst he puts his arms round his dogs and fusses with their ears.

0 Not allowed!

Standard Confederate
    Thumbs Up

Then even if you managed to get rid of the dog temporarily, eventually you would stand no chance later as the dog probably takes up all the room on the bed!

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts