Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Bubonic plague

  1. #1
    Dangerous Dilettante
    Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    79,281
    Blog Entries
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 760
    Given: 1,810
    Great Britain

    Default Bubonic plague

    So it turns out it's the fleas which transmit the plague, not the rats. So do the rats catch the plague too, and does it kill them?

    0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    what an absolute shower! Jules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Monica Bellucci's cleavage
    Posts
    16,432
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 264
    Given: 304
    Burkina Faso

    Default Re: Bubonic plague

    breaking news

    0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Don't Blink!
    timey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    1969 (I blinked)
    Posts
    44,126
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,506
    Given: 2,606
    Scotland

    Default Re: Bubonic plague

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    So it turns out it's the fleas which transmit the plague, not the rats. So do the rats catch the plague too, and does it kill them?
    I doubt it kills them as otherwise they would die with their host.

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Dangerous Dilettante
    Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    79,281
    Blog Entries
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 760
    Given: 1,810
    Great Britain

    Default Re: Bubonic plague

    Well, the plague always kills the host. In fact, never mind the rats, do the fleas get the plague? I could imagine they might be immune, because they're insects so totally different from mammals. The plague might not be able to infect fleas.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    الحمد لله‎ Ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Where I live
    Posts
    20,602
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 215
    Given: 14
    Bhutan

    Default Re: Bubonic plague

    Humans carry the plague, kill them all!

    0 Not allowed!


  6. #6
    Don't Blink!
    timey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    1969 (I blinked)
    Posts
    44,126
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,506
    Given: 2,606
    Scotland

    Default Re: Bubonic plague

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Well, the plague always kills the host. In fact, never mind the rats, do the fleas get the plague? I could imagine they might be immune, because they're insects so totally different from mammals. The plague might not be able to infect fleas.
    Sorry, I meant the carrier.

    0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Dangerous Dilettante
    Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    79,281
    Blog Entries
    21
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 760
    Given: 1,810
    Great Britain

    Default Re: Bubonic plague

    Right, well it doesn't kill instantly. They reckon that's the saving grace with stuff like ebola though, it kills the carriers so quickly it's difficult to live long enough to spread it around.

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Neddie Seagoon
    Ernest Rants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Middle England
    Posts
    13,364
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 126
    Given: 4

    Default Re: Bubonic plague

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Right, well it doesn't kill instantly. They reckon that's the saving grace with stuff like ebola though, it kills the carriers so quickly it's difficult to live long enough to spread it around.
    til it evolves and adapts

    0 Not allowed!
    kiddie playdate girlsgogames com - Bubonic plague

Today's Posts New Posts

Similar Threads

  1. Plague of Ladybirds
    By Earl in forum The Underworld
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26-07-2009, 21:58
  2. Terrorists Killed By Plague
    By Earl in forum The Underworld
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-07-2009, 08:06
  3. Bubonic Plague Kills Eight Year Old
    By Earl in forum The Underworld
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 17:40
  4. Rats Are Back - Plague?
    By Major Starbold in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 20:50

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •