Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 759
    Given: 1,810
    Great Britain

Default Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Revenge of the Sith
    The final prequel to be released holds no real surprises, the fate of Anakin Skywalker has been pretty well documented. For all those who live on another planet, he's the bad guy.

As I've already said in the past, I think this chapter in Skywalkers history should've been covered already. Thankfully Hayden Christensen isn't half as bad as he was in Episode II, unfortunately he's still twice as bad as I'd have liked. The character has evolved enough in this episode to be acceptable, but frankly I'm not concerned with Anakin Skywalker. The less said about Anakin the better, just show how he becomes Vader and concentrate on the good stuff!

As with the two other prequels the action scenes are great, it's the depiction of Anakins struggle with his darkside which is overplayed and once again unneccessary. Fortunately Anakin goes bad pretty quickly in this film, even before his full transformation into Darth Vader he's quite a nasty bastard.

The plot continues around the galactic war nurtured by the Sith Lord, Darth Sidious, and reaches it's conclusion with the treacherous betrayal of the Jedis and the seperatist movement, which creates the evil Empire. Throughout all the prequels small changes are made to the whole look of the films, leading to the familiar appearance of the imperial rule.

More old favourites are introduced, including Chewbacca on the Wookie homeworld. The betrayal of the Jedi and their extermination is quite dramatic, and the final duel between master and apprentice, Obi-Wan and Vader, is visually superb. We at last get to see exactly why Vader wears that iconic suit.

This episode finally sets the scene for the original movies, the Republic is destroyed, the Empire created and all the characters are put in place. There is even an explanation given for Obi-Wan and Yodas future ghost-like abilities.

There is scope for more though, and the rumoured TV show set between this film and Episode IV will hopefully show the beginning of the Rebel Alliance and have a closer resemblence to the original three films.

0 Not allowed!

Registered Member
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Default Re: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

The problem of III is this. Too many events take place and III tries to put them all in this 140 min movie. There is no continuity. There is no flow. There are other problems, but this is the main problem.

0 Not allowed!
    Blogging about, you know, stuff ...

Drunken wreck of Chester jambolo's Avatar
    Thumbs Up

I laughed when the clones were fighting along side of the Jedi. The order's given and they just turn around and gun down the Jedi. You'd think the Jedi would have had no problem, as it only takes one to take down an entire fleet of ships. but these crappy Jedi's (some of whom hold 2 lightsabers) can't take on a few inept clones.

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.morningstarr.co.uk/forum/signaturepics/sigpic161_2.gif

Registered Member
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by jambolo View Post
    I laughed when the clones were fighting along side of the Jedi. The order's given and they just turn around and gun down the Jedi. You'd think the Jedi would have had no problem, as it only takes one to take down an entire fleet of ships. but these crappy Jedi's (some of whom hold 2 lightsabers) can't take on a few inept clones.
    Details were also lacked in III... That's yet another problem...

0 Not allowed!
    Blogging about, you know, stuff ...

Registered Member
    Thumbs Up

Much better than the previous two but still no cigar.

The opening space battle is awesome and I prefer the darkness of tone in this one.

One of the films let-downs is pantomime villain "Darth Rotary-Robo-Mower" who may as well been hiding his face with his cape a la Dracula films of lore and going "Mwa-ha ha ha!" a lot.

Another low point? It still has Hayden Cristianson in it!

I'm sure this guy was employed to cripple the franchise by someone with a huge grudge against Lucas and his minions.

The "Phsssssssst-THUNK" of vaders helmet sliding in to view gave me goose-bumps though.

This feeling was soon replaced by laughter/anger as Darth Cristianson shows us his "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" face.

There are soooooo many inconsistencies between these new films and the originals regarding story and whathaveyou, that I am not even going to get started on a rant.

Lucas just shat all over his legacy i'm afraid.

Coming soon - the dead horse is flogged yet again by a TV thing that may be as good, or even better than, tha "Holiday special".

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

It was the best of the prequels and nearly a match for the originals

0 Not allowed!
    YES IT'S TRUE I MAIL PICTURES OF MY PENIS TO WOMEN

Thumbs Up
    Received: 78
    Given: 80
    UK

we all knew darth Vader was gonna turn up, make it in the first half hour then it would have been good.

Yoda and Obi Wan training to see Qui Gon... Lucas you copping out bastard!

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts