Page 2106 of 2117 FirstFirst ... 1106 1606 2006 2056 2096 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2116 ... LastLast
Results 21,051 to 21,060 of 21162

Thread: Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,180
    Given: 2,859

Default Re: Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

We went to Hard Rock for dinner and to have a cocktail. It's in the nightclub area so we went early, you don't want to be in that area at night! It was so disorganised that we didn't have just one server, I think we had three. One came with two soft drinks, we waited ages, then another came with our alcoholic drinks. After about five minutes the first server came over with the same two cocktails, both me and my husband looked at each other as if to say, 'should we not say anything and pretend we've not already had them'. I was drinking as fast as I could, looking shifty, but it was obvious I already had my drink so I was about the tell him it was a mistake when he said, 'oh, did you not realise it was happy hour, you get two each'. It's amazing how big a smile a free drink can produce, we were beaming like idiots who don't get out much.

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,482
    Given: 2,262
    England

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

You know it's time to tackle the ironing basket when you walk into your son's room and find him wearing a long sleeve black shirt on a feels like 43 day because he doesn't have any t-shirts left.

2j2yyjb - Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

I've no idea why the photo is sideways, or why the basket looks so small. It's massive, I've not ironed a thing for about two weeks.

2 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

It doesn't sound like it's the weather for standing ironing either

I'm happy to be ironing later because i've treated myself to a new ironiing board cover and padding

Oh, I need to know too, are you still getting the fresh food box?

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

No, I got put off. I got one with some weeds in that you can use in salads, he tried to put unusual stuff in as well as normal stuff. They were supposed to taste like honey, but they tasted like weed. I'd spotted what I thought were peas in the same box, so opened the pod and ate one to see how sweet they were instead. I've never cooked peas before, but I used to eat them raw when I was little so remember the taste. These were tasteless and hard, but not wanting to waste them I took the remaining peas out of the pod and ate them all, then threw away the skin.

My husband was out and I started to feel strange, dizzy and as if they were stuck at the bottom of my neck and wouldn't move. I decided to google what was wrong and found I'd eaten raw broadbeans, shell as well. I read it as I was about to die any second, so I panicked and stuck my fingers down my throat. I was too distraught to be sick, I felt like I was on borrowed time and was really panicky. When my husband got back all he could get out of me was, 'I think I'm going to die'. He panicked, didn't have a clue what was happening but asked if I needed an ambulance. Through tears I told him I didn't see them point, I'd eaten a bean and they were toxic and that was it for me. I told him I couldn't read any more and asked him to look how many you need to eat to die from them.

When I calmed down and realised I was actually okay I needed to have a lay down after the stress of it and thought it's better I don't eat veg I know nothing about any more.

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

Oh dear, I wasn't expecting that for an answer It is probably for the best that you stick to knowing what you're eating

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Ck View Post
    Oh dear, I wasn't expecting that for an answer

I did also suspect some wasn't organic and he was trying it on, the bean was just the tipping point.

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

It's a shame because the stuff did look lovely. I'd like to order them but there's no way it'd get eaten, whenever I give Earl veg he thinks I must be cross with him.

2 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

At the moment I can't keep things fresh, so a weekly box wouldn't work for us. Fruit is going off after a few days sitting out, so we're back to a crap diet again.

1 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,149
    Given: 2,205
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Ck View Post
    whenever I give Earl veg he thinks I must be cross with him.

1 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts