Page 2067 of 2117 FirstFirst ... 1067 1567 1967 2017 2057 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2077 ... LastLast
Results 20,661 to 20,670 of 21162

Thread: Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,258
    Given: 2,302
    Scotland

Default Re: Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Ck View Post
    I've just started my first ever week of meal planning combined with cooking from scratch. It's part of my desperate plan to be organised.

I've picked five recipes that i've not cooked before to try out (over the next five days) and if they go down well they get put in the keep it pile. I'm hoping to accumulate about 30 different recipes altogether so at some point soon i'll be able to spend less time thinking about what we're going to eat, less time scratching my head whilst shopping and less time nipping to the local shop for extra bits. This should compensate for the extra time i'll be spending cooking but more than that, it should be so much easier on my head because wondering what to make for meals occupies quite a lot of my head space, probably more than what's normal.

Tonight i'm making king prawn dopiaza, it's a kind of smoky tomato curry dish.
    Ooh, that sounds nice. Can you share the recipe?

Yes, knowing how to make stuff certainly saves time thinking about what to buy. We can pretty much recite the ingredients for most of our dishes in our heads so all we have to do is decide what we're going to have in the coming week and then jot down the ingredients and include them in the bi-weekly shop. Saves loads of time and we just go and get what we need and not what we might need but might not use.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    30 different recipes?

I could never come up with that amount, especially in Malta. I can't plan what we eat, my husband goes to see what meat he can find and we go from there.

Do you ever cook double the amount so you can have them a second day to save time? If it can be warmed up, I usually double up and have it within three days. Even roast dinners get doubled up. Can you do many slimming world meals like that?

We cook double for mince dishes because the packs are always too much for one meal. So stuff like chilli and spag bol is double size and we freeze half for later. We probably should do for other stuff too but we haven't got into that habit yet.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

Oops, I deleted that bit before you posted.
    I did wonder what Ck was talking about.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,582
    Given: 2,352
    England

Here you go Timey...

Our sauce was wetter than the one in the picture on purpose. From the recipe I halved the spices, the onions and the king prawns but kept the liquid the same. I didn't want to faff with half a tin of tomatoes.

0BLt4WU - Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

ZOeCBzw - Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

He definitely is, I sometimes wonder whether he has more dog in him than human. When I met him he did that thing that dogs do when two are eating at the same time. He ate his so fast, yet never took his eyes off mine, hoping to finish his and then make a start on mine. I think he just stopped short at growling at me to scare me off my own dinner though.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

I just found a photo of ours from last night.

B8h6G3J - Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

There doesn't look a lot but that's only because I left a load of it in the pans so I could take a nice photo

2 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,259
    Given: 2,966

There doesn't look a lot but that's only because I left a load of it in the pans so I could take a nice photo

I'd have done the same.

1 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

I just found a photo of ours from last night.

B8h6G3J - Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

Excellent, thanks for the recipe. That doesn't look too wet either (I prefer thicker sauces rather than thin ones). It'll be another one to try though. I've always wanted to try a prawn one but haven't got round to it yet as OH is not into prawns as much as I am.

BTW, have you ever tried brown rice. I've not ever been keen on the really dark stuff but the other day I saw a brown basmati rice packet in a supermarket and it didn't look too dark, more like the colour of light brown sugar. I have wondered about trying it, but don't want it to taste too dissimilar to the white basmati because we love that rice for it's nice, creamy taste and texture (that's another thing, I can't eat rice that's too dry because otherwise it sticks in my throat was me can make me feel like I am choking).

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

We eat quite a bit of brown rice, we use the one you mentioned, the brown basmati. It's nice but it's not creamy, it's quite nutty if anything and it holds it's shape and takes in less moisture than white so it does tend to be on the dry side. It takes a lot longer to cook too.

If you like creamy rice that isn't dry I can recommend Jasmine rice. It's very much like sticky rice but without the faff of preparing sticky rice. You just boil it like you do basmati. x

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

OK, thanks for the info. We will try the jasmine rice because OH loves that when we go out for Thai or Indian meals.

1 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts