Page 2066 of 2117 FirstFirst ... 1066 1566 1966 2016 2056 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2076 2116 ... LastLast
Results 20,651 to 20,660 of 21162

Thread: Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,229
    Given: 2,927

Default Re: Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Ck View Post

Are you going to say something tomorrow or let it go?
    No, you're not allowed in the school without an appointment. I'm not sure what I can say because they've obviously got rules that I'm not happy about, so I'll just be one of those angry mums getting annoyed and told rules are rules. I just want the school year to finish, her teacher is awful, I've had to stop myself a couple of times from sending notes to her. That's how you have to communicate, through a book the kids bring home, they don't want you in the school. She doesn't teach, she's always off sick and is so disorganised.

I can't remember if I mentioned what happened at the school christmas concert, but when my daughter came on stage she was holding herself wanting to go to the toilet then. She wasn't upset, she was smiling the widest, but it was awful sitting there thinking she's going to wee in front of all these kids and parents. She doesn't have a problem going to the toilet or anything, it's just they're not letting them go when they ask and she's not used to that. In the end I said I can't take this any more, the anxiety was really building and I couldn't sit there and watch my daughter end up crying through embarrassment, I didn't care if the concert had to stop for her, so and sent my husband () up to the stage to get her teacher to get her off and to the toilet.

If it happens again we will say something. Not all kids can hold on, especially at six, so they can't treat them all the same. She's fine with using the toilet, but she's never been forced to hold it and be told she can't go when she asks. If a six year old asks, it's probably at the stage they can't hold it much longer, her teacher should know that.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,555
    Given: 2,310
    England

It's rotten that any kid is forced to hold on, it's very uncomfortable and quite a skill to learn. It doesn't do much for child > teacher relations and I doubt your daughter would remain fully concentrating in class being so distracted by the situation so I don't get why she would refuse, there's no gain.

I hope your daughter is okay today and not scarred by what happened. I do remember my son having a few accidents at school, he wasn't refused - he was just too preoccupied with something more 'important', it didn't seem to be too unusual though and no-one batted an eyelid.

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

I've told her she has to go on her last break whether she needs it or not. I doubt she'll take any notice though.

I don't think she'd be laughed at or anything, but she'd get really upset about it and cry.

That just reminded me of something that happened with my son at school, he laughs about it now, but it was quite traumatic for him at the time. In France he had a really nasty teacher that kept threatening him with detention because he couldn't understand what they were teaching in maths. It's not as though he was doing anything wrong, he just couldn't understand it, so detention wouldn't have helped. He never mentioned it to us, but he was getting really stressed about it for a couple of weeks and worrying about going to school.

Then one day he couldn't take it any more and cried uncontrollably in class, he would've been maybe 13. The bully teacher never bothered him after that, when he finally told me what had been happening, he said, 'I didn't know what to do to make him stop, in the end all it cost was my dignity'. He didn't seem to mind that.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

Awww bless, it's good he sees the funny side.

Similar happened to my mate recently and she's in her 40's, the crying not the wetting. She was getting regularly harangued by her new boss, made to feel really small and like she was doing everything wrong. In the end my mate decided to be a grown up and ask to see her privately to have it out with her, as soon as they walked into the room all the grown up mature points she had practiced saying went out of the window, instead my mate burst out crying and said 'you keep picking on me' in a whiney sniffly girl voice

She said she has never felt so embarrassed in her life (although I bet she has ) but it turned out well because her boss immediately shit it, totally backed down and apologised profusely. Everything's been great since.

2 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

I've just started my first ever week of meal planning combined with cooking from scratch. It's part of my desperate plan to be organised.

I've picked five recipes that i've not cooked before to try out (over the next five days) and if they go down well they get put in the keep it pile. I'm hoping to accumulate about 30 different recipes altogether so at some point soon i'll be able to spend less time thinking about what we're going to eat, less time scratching my head whilst shopping and less time nipping to the local shop for extra bits. This should compensate for the extra time i'll be spending cooking but more than that, it should be so much easier on my head because wondering what to make for meals occupies quite a lot of my head space, probably more than what's normal.

Tonight i'm making king prawn dopiaza, it's a kind of smoky tomato curry dish.

2 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

30 different recipes?

I could never come up with that amount, especially in Malta. I can't plan what we eat, my husband goes to see what meat he can find and we go from there.

Do you ever cook double the amount so you can have them a second day to save time? If it can be warmed up, I usually double up and have it within three days. Even roast dinners get doubled up. Can you do many slimming world meals like that?

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

So he wants an exercise bike and a subscription of donuts

I sometimes double up recipes but we use them to take to work the next day for dinners, stuff like curries, some pasta dishes and even shepherds pie. I like to do that because otherwise we've to start making sandwiches and that's extra work planning and doing.

Tomorrow i'm making beef and squash stir fry, i'm hoping there'll be enough for tea plus for all three of our dinners the next day. It says you can eat it on it's own but we'll probably have it with chips (slimming world style) for tea but noodles for the dinners so that it goes further and fills us up more.

It's not too bad for me & Earl, if we have nothing to take for dinner we can get something from work but where my son works there's nothing, no canteen, no butty bar or even snack shop.

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

So he wants an exercise bike and a subscription of donuts
    Oops, I deleted that bit before you posted. I forgot the calorie thing wasn't posted on here, so it felt wrong to mention it.

He's more into savoury stuff, so he'd double up with the size of his meals.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

It'll be fine.

Your hubby does sound belly led though, he reminds me of Spud

Our tea was very very nice, it's from a Slimming World book called Fakeaways where they recreate popular takeaway and fast food meals. Most of the recipes are what they call 'free' so you can eat as much as you like and you still lose weight as they contain no fat or sugars. Tonights was definitely a weekend meal but last week, midweek, I made a fake meal based on a Big Mac, it was basically a bowl of salad with 5% fat mince and a sauce that tastes like big mac sauce (ish). I wasn't expecting Earl or the lad to really like it although I knew they'd give it a go but they loved it.

I give over buying recipe books because although they were nice to look at the recipes were complex or had weird ingredients but these are turning out to to be brilliant, i've made about five things already and all have been really really nice.

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

It does sound very tasty.

I miss cooking tasty food. It's not that we don't have it, we just can't rely on stuff so we don't know what we'll be eating each day. To be honest it gets stressful so we drive for pizza and eat it in the car more than we should. It's like Cheers, Where everybody knows your name , but instead of a pub it's fast food places. I feel the shame after our diet in France.

Your hubby does sound belly led though, he reminds me of Spud
    He definitely is, I sometimes wonder whether he has more dog in him than human. When I met him he did that thing that dogs do when two are eating at the same time. He ate his so fast, yet never took his eyes off mine, hoping to finish his and then make a start on mine. I think he just stopped short at growling at me to scare me off my own dinner though.

2 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts