Page 2017 of 2117 FirstFirst ... 1017 1517 1917 1967 2007 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2027 2067 ... LastLast
Results 20,161 to 20,170 of 21162

Thread: Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,392
    Given: 3,086

Default Re: Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

I didn't realise you'd stopped smoking, I put weight on when I stopped. I replaced cigs with packets of sweets and that's when I started on the chocolate as well.

My diet can be poor because of the food here, so I feel guilty that we don't eat as much fruit and veg as we should. Local fruit and veg is lovely if you can get it, it's getting it that's the problem, it sells out very quickly and then imported stuff is expensive and not as fresh. Melons are in season, so I got one the other day and left it in the fridge to cool. I cut it up earlier, it was so juicy and delicious, I felt really proud that I'd managed to get some fruit in us for a change. I don't have anything after a meal, but my son and daughter usually get an ice cream, so it was lovely to feel like I was giving them something healthier. They loved it, but then my daughter came in after she'd finished hers and said, 'can I have my real pudding now'.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,727
    Given: 2,467
    England

haha real pudding, sounds like something Earl would say

I quit smoking almost 4 years ago to go on the e-cigs. I still puff away on those but it doesn't damage my chest like real ones did. How long is it since you've quit?

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

I stopped about seven and a half years ago.

I don't think e-cigs were around in France at that time, they've definitely not reached here yet either. Ben's was the first one I've seen, I was shocked because I was expecting something resembling a cig.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,369
    Scotland

The weather is not so nice today, it's raining just now but it's still warm. We're going to have tapas this afternoon, looking forward to that.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

I love my e-cig, I don't think I would have quit without it. The difference in my chest & breathing is amazing, in Winter I would struggle to walk up a hill but now i'm fine.

Are you making your own or going out for Tapas Timey?

I've done five hours overtime this morning. The office is lovely and quiet on a Saturday

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

We're going out as we need a treat, so we've decided to go to a local tapas café and see what it is like. The menu looks good anyway.

1 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 3
    Given: 1
    UK

I love Tapas!

I was doing Slimming World which works wonders for me but I really struggle to be organised enough to arrange my food for a 12 hour shift. I really need to get my butt in gear and be more organised.

0 Not allowed!

Don't Blink!
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Scotland

The tapas and slimming don't go together though.

It was nice, particularly liked the chicken fillets in a honey and mustard dressing and the potato croquettes with ham and cheese filling. And I had a Cervez de Andaluz beer with it.

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

You're making me hungry, Timey. All I've had today is a p a s t i z z i.

I've been shopping. I'd fallen in love with a certain style of heeled sandal, but there's no way I wanted to pay full price. Today I saw them with 70% off, I think my husband loves them more than I do now!

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

I made cajun stuffed chicken breasts for tea, it was tasty but I could have done with bigger breasts. They came out quite tiny and a bit on the well done side.

I think Tapas is my all time favourite for meals out, I prefer to pick than sit with a knife and fork dinner.

Gem, a few of my workmates are doing slimming world, they bring in those snack pot things and upside down salads. It sounds weird but it works, they put the meat or eggs or fish on the bottom of the dish and add the salad bits like onions, peppers. toms etc then put the salad leaves on top. They reckon it makes it tastier as it goes on rather than starting off good and then getting boring.

1 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts