Page 2016 of 2117 FirstFirst ... 1016 1516 1916 1966 2006 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2026 2066 2116 ... LastLast
Results 20,151 to 20,160 of 21162

Thread: Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,255
    Given: 2,958

Default Re: Random Facts about Your Day (Part 5)

I've just got my husband to weigh himself. He told me he's been dieting on the sly for four weeks and in the first week he lost over a pound, so by my reckoning he should've lost about four by now. I usually cook two meals, but I've only been doing one, so because he can't cook I've noticed he's been doubling up on the first one to compensate. He's been working on the assumption, it's not what you eat or the amount you have in one sitting, but the amount of meals you have in a day. So, he's more or less just been having one really huge meal and a couple of slices of toast, plus cereal, or so he says. The other day he seems to forget for his second meal I watched him eat half a fish, a quarter of a pie, a battered sausage, a bread bun and a portion of chips from the chip shop. I've told him that isn't dieting, but he wouldn't have it.

He had to get on and off the scales three times because he didn't believe them, after all his hard work he's actually gained a pound and half. He's gutted.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,577
    Given: 2,342
    England

Is he going to try a different approach?

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

I'm not sure, he seems a bit deflated that it didn't work. He really thought he was dieting. I said to him 'you can't seriously think you were losing weight like that, did it even feel like you were going without' and he said, 'well yes, I've been starving'.

1 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

haha The stuff and starve diet - If only it did work

Bless him. Losing weight isn't as easy as it looks. Where does he want to lose it from?

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

I think he wants to lose a bit of boob and belly.

He's convinced he weighs more when I'm looking because he feels under pressure, so he waited until I went out earlier and tried again. He said he moved the scales somewhere else hoping he'd weigh less, but when they showed he'd put 1.5lb on since this morning he quickly moved them back. He couldn't get them back down to his pre-lunch weight no matter where he moved them though, so he was even more gutted when I got back.

He's proper gutted about it, but he's convinced he's been going without so he can't work out why he hasn't lost any weight. He's not been going without though, he's been eating a day's worth of food in more or less one sitting.

He's questioned the scales, even though they're fine for me, now his mood has picked up a bit because he's decided he has lost weight but he doesn't know how much. His reasoning is he must've been really dehydrated when he first got weighed, so it wasn't his true weight. So, he's decided it's nothing to do with his diet and he's going to stick with it.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

haha Oh dear.

Maybe the waist and chest measurement style will suit him better. Although if he likes to cheat that's easy to fiddle, all he has to do is breath in.

0 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

He'd cheat. I don't think he'll lose any, he's got no willpower at all. If he is really going without, he's probably just not gaining.

I've managed to lose just 3.5lb in almost four weeks, but I was inactive for over a week with my back. Have you managed to lose any more since your five pound, or are you happy with where you're at? I always used to weigh 8.5 stone, but I'd gone up to more or less 10! I don't want to be back down to that, but I want to aim for no more than 9.5 stone. I think each baby you have you change shape and weight, so I think going back down that low I'd probably look very skinny.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

I was about 8 to 8 and a half for years but I was probably too thin, it made me look quite fragile and I had no shape, no boobs and a flat bottom. It was okay in my 20's but once I hit 30's it was quite ageing. I was happiest a few years ago fluctuating between 9 and a half to 10 stone.

I was 11.2 at around Christmas, then when I started the healthy eating I was 10.13. I'm at 10.5 now so i've lost 8lbs in about two months. I'm chuffed because i've mostly lost it off my middle, thighs, bum and tum. I'd like to lose more around the same area but also off the tops of my arms but I need to keep a close eye on my face and boobs. As soon as I notice wrinkles on my face or basset hounds ears on my chest i'll be grabbing some cream cakes

What have been your top tips for weight loss? Mine are really cutting right back on bread and potatoes and generally moving about more.

1 Not allowed!

Super Moderator
    Thumbs Up

That's really good going!

I'm not eating anything different yet, I've just cut chocolate down to a maximum of one bar a day and switched back onto water instead of coke. I do still have coke sometimes, but nowhere near what I was having. I try to walk 7km most days, whether I want to or not. I don't think I'm going to lose a lot doing what I'm doing, it'll probably just settle on what my natural weight should be, so I've not had to start dieting as such yet. If I stop losing, I'll change my diet though. I'm trying not to deprive myself unless I have to, at the moment I'm still eating pizza and stuff.

At christmas I weighed 9.11, I'd slowly been putting it on since moving to Malta and then more after I had the operation. I kept saying that if I got to 10 stone I'd only do something then, but I ignored it until I got to 10.3 by convincing myself I was just becoming more shapely.

It's hard deciding to lose weight though because as you've noticed as well, being thin does age you massively. I've got shape, I think, so I'm okay to lose some, but I would stop if I thought it was aging.

0 Not allowed!

Obsessed with carrots.
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    England

I'm hoping that by eating healthy fats and moisturising every day that I can keep my face skin plumped up. I think getting enough rest and sleep helps too.

I think I started putting on weight when I stopped smoking and gave up worrying so much. Worrying used to preoccupy me that much that i'd forget to eat. I'm definitely a lot healthier now, I can tell by the colour of my skin, it's very pale but it used to have a grey tinge to it and now it's more of a pale beige. I used to get a lot of coughs and colds and tummy problems too, nothing serious - just bugs n stuff, but i've not had anything like that for years now. And, I used to have regular afternoon naps but now I only have one maybe once a fortnight if Spud's got me up particularly early on a weekend.

I think i'd like to get to 10 stone then see how I look and how I feel. Dress size i'll be happy as a small 12 rather than a large 10. At the mo i'm a 12, tops fit me fine but trousers are a little snug

0 Not allowed!

Today's Posts New Posts