+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Keyboard warriors.

Registered Member

Default Keyboard warriors.

In the news this week Denise Welch and Kylie have both involved the police because of threatening messages they have recieved on their facebook or twitter pages.
    I think most of us who go on different forums have seen or had said to us horrible things by nameless cowards.
    Someone wished me and my family to die of cancer a few days ago.
    What makes people act like this? Are they mad or just sad... or are they the apparently normal man or woman in the street, or the person sat next to you in the office?

Scotland

Default Re: Keyboard warriors.

they are idiots Syl not worth worrying about as far as I am concerned!

Registered Member

I dont worry Del... I do wonder though whether they seem 'normal' when they are out and about. One face for the world and another behind closed doors.
    Perhaps they are schizophrenic or something.

Scotland

I no longer have anything to do with running the forums I started due to being involved with a group ran by volunteers that deal with anti social behaviour online! its not a control thing nor is it part of online enforcement! its just I suppose like Samaritans! we help folks online that feel bullied etc etc we can give info that helps them get proper help from the Authorities! but normally send e mails to the service provider and sort it out that way!

Scotland

Sites like this are fair and even handed ie "No personal insults!"

Registered Member Major Starbold's Avatar
    UK

it's best to keep away from shit sitez, we know some of them.
    These type of sitez are there for a particular type of lowlife.

The thing is, some site ownuz do not mind and openly encourage scumbag filth balls by letting them get away with their disgusting postz, the modz on these sitez can be under instruction to let it happen, ignore it.

forums with loads of rulez are a pain in the rectum, why the hell do they need so many?
    ZPymsLQ - Keyboard warriors.

Ben
    Bhutan

Keyboard warriors are harmless. My favourite is when people accuse people of being keyboard warriors and say they'd not have the balls to do anything in real life, as though it's better to be doing it in real life.

Wishing cancer on you and your family means nothing, because it's not going to cause the cancer. Same as when someone wished I'd come back from Afghanistan in a body bag, she couldn't cause it so it's just words and means fuck all. She's a cunt, I know that. Then other cunts used what she said to have a go at her, fuck them too, they could die in a fire and I wouldn't care.

What I find really intriguing on the internet is when people put on a facade of niceness and honesty, when all you really get is what they want the world to see.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Major Starbold View Post
    it's best to keep away from shit sitez, we know some of them.
    These type of sitez are there for a particular type of lowlife.

The thing is, some site ownuz do not mind and openly encourage scumbag filth balls by letting them get away with their disgusting postz, the modz on these sitez can be under instruction to let it happen, ignore it.

forums with loads of rulez are a pain in the rectum, why the hell do they need so many?
    I dont like the forums with loads of rules... which swap and change depending on who is modding at any particular time.
    I agree that the "no personal insult" rule is the one that should be adhered to, once insults start flying around thats the end of any decent conversation imo.

I was more interested in the people who make horrible remarks to strangers. Like the cancer one or the body bag one, the people who encourage others to kill themselves etc... the ghouls who troll round bereavement sites leaving insults (how sick is that )

Who ARE these people? They could be the inoffensive man or woman who sits next to you on the bus or something.

Scotland

most of the folks who post nasty crap are people who have nothing in thier lives (probably get bullied in RL hence the anonimity gives them a feeling of power) basically they are scared little people( a troll from the midlands was prosecuted in September for wishing a 11 year old kid dead his mac was traced through his ip but he only got 9 weeks for it "Panorama")

Dangerous Dilettante
    Blog Entries
    Great Britain

You really have no way of knowing what these people are actually like, you are just saying they're probably useless losers because it makes you feel better.

It could be anyone, and there are probably lots of different types of people who do it.

+ Reply to Thread Today's Posts New Posts
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast