PDA

View Full Version : Reformatting how do you save

playme
31-10-2007, 11:06
your bookmarks apart from the obvious writing them down, ive got an internal slave drive, and external drive also pen drives, ive got loads of bookmarks that I want to save is there anyway to save them to the above devices before I reformat. Using win xp btw:o:D

draped muppet
31-10-2007, 11:24
if you go into windows explorer, under the c: drive, go into documents and settings under your user name, there should be a folder called "favorites"; all you need to do is copy the folder, paste it onto your pendrive, then paste the contents back into the folder once your reformat is complete :)

this of course assumes that you are using internet explorer of course :D

playme
31-10-2007, 11:50
if you go into windows explorer, under the c: drive, go into documents and settings under your user name, there should be a folder called "favorites"; all you need to do is copy the folder, paste it onto your pendrive, then paste the contents back into the folder once your reformat is complete :)

this of course assumes that you are using internet explorer of course :D

im using firefox:o

draped muppet
31-10-2007, 12:15
d'oh!!!!

in which case the easiest thing to do is go into bookmarks>organise bookmarks, and you can drag and drop each individual file into your pendrive :)

playme
31-10-2007, 12:17
d'oh!!!!

in which case the easiest thing to do is go into bookmarks>organise bookmarks, and you can drag and drop each individual file into your pendrive :)

cheers me dear, need to reformat this pc has so much shite on it now.

And now me optical mouse is going weird everytime I go to click on something it goes back to the centre:eek::D

draped muppet
31-10-2007, 12:32
have fun with it :)

must do mine sometime

playme
31-10-2007, 12:38
I will, I dont mind doing it once ive put all me shite back on will use me acronis to create a backup disk so dont have to reload everything again ie drivers and certain progs

Alpha
31-10-2007, 13:11
I really need to fix the other laptop.

timey
31-10-2007, 19:04
n which case the easiest thing to do is go into bookmarks>organise bookmarks, and you can drag and drop each individual file into your pendrive

You don't need to do that, just go into Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks then File -> Export, and save them as a file which you can put on the pen drive. When you've reinstalled, just do the same again but go to import to reload them all.

Adam D
31-10-2007, 22:14
I must do my laptop, Its coming up with a few errors so i will use the recovery partition to restore to factory settings.

The thing its, Its a pain in the arse loading some programs back on and setting up accounts in some programs.

I could use acronis but i havnt got round to it yet :p

RichardJacobs
31-10-2007, 22:59
my laptop is fucked :p

i dual boot it :p

timey
31-10-2007, 23:00
my laptop is fucked :p

i dual boot it :p
That sounds familiar. ;) :D

playme
01-11-2007, 13:22
That sounds familiar. ;) :D

I have a horrible feeling you are saying its me:eek::D

Figured out why my optical mouse kept centering itself yesterday, the kid had left the graphics pad pen in the middle of the graphics pad:o:D