PDA

View Full Version : It won't keep me logged in anymore

Alpha
28-03-2007, 01:12
For some reason whenever my session expires on here it logs me out even though i've ticked the remember me box. (it's doing a digital spy).
I've googled this problem and it seems to be happening to others aswell.

i'm using FireFox
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=GGGL%2CGGGL%3A2006-25%2CGGGL%3Aen&q=cookies+keep+logging+me+out+in+firefox&btnG=Search

Alpha
28-03-2007, 01:22
oh bugger, i'll rewrite that other bit tomorrow :rolleyes:

SFB
28-03-2007, 08:37
No problem here yet and I'm using the Fox.

Does a popup offer to remember your details?

Alpha
28-03-2007, 11:32
i've had that ticked ages ago.

SFB
28-03-2007, 12:20
The one that pops up and asks if you want a site log in memorised?

Alpha
28-03-2007, 12:28
yes, i clicked yes. that was ages ago.

Donachiel
28-03-2007, 14:05
Does it log you out after closing then re-opening Firefox?

Alpha
28-03-2007, 14:13
yes, it does.

i meant to post this other bit in an edit yesterday but something buggered it up. so....

this came after i clicked the refresh button on who's online, a authentication box popped up for some reason so i clicked cancel and it took me too a white page with words on the top saying i didn't have authorization or something. i clicked on my morningstarr bookmark what i have on the toolbar and i had been logged out. (it seemed fine after that) now it doesn't keep me logged in anymore even though the remember me box is ticked.

before that it wouldn't let me log out.

SFB
28-03-2007, 15:20
You probably have too many gadgets attached, like FreeB.

Alpha
28-03-2007, 15:25
i don't. i only have two toolbars showing.

Donachiel
28-03-2007, 15:38
yes, it does.

i meant to post this other bit in an edit yesterday but something buggered it up. so....

this came after i clicked the refresh button on who's online, a authentication box popped up for some reason so i clicked cancel and it took me too a white page with words on the top saying i didn't have authorization or something. i clicked on my morningstarr bookmark what i have on the toolbar and i had been logged out. (it seemed fine after that) now it doesn't keep me logged in anymore even though the remember me box is ticked.

before that it wouldn't let me log out.

You'll find that the authentication box was my bad. You may remember me telling you I was doing updates, well that was one of them. But for a brief moment, the entire site was password protected. As you and me were the only ones on at that unGodly hour, no one else would have noticed, as it was only for a minute.

So I don't think that's to blame, as it is a seperate issue. But check your preferences for cookies. You may find that it deletes them when you shut down. If not, We'll try something else... :)

Alpha
28-03-2007, 15:46
i have checked the preferences and it's still the same. it just doesn't keep me logged in when i tick 'remember me'

same still goes for Digital spy. and it's the same for chat daily

Donachiel
28-03-2007, 16:21
You may still have conflicting cookies from when we did an update to them a few months back. Try deleting your cookies.

If you don't want to do this yet. Have a look in your cookies list. Check to see if you have any with the domain www.morningstarr.co.uk (note: these are different from morningstarr.co.uk cookies, and are listed in the 'W's)

Alpha
28-03-2007, 16:24
okay, i'll try that bit.

Alpha
28-03-2007, 16:27
You may still have conflicting cookies from when we did an update to them a few months back. Try deleting your cookies.

If you don't want to do this yet. Have a look in your cookies list. Check to see if you have any with the domain www.morningstarr.co.uk (note: these are different from morningstarr.co.uk cookies, and are listed in the 'W's)

i typed in that but there wasn't anything there.

Donachiel
28-03-2007, 16:49
Are the morningstarr.co.uk ones there? And if so, what expiry date do they have?

Alpha
28-03-2007, 17:13
some have 'at end of session'

and others have '27 March 2008 15:22:56

Alpha
31-03-2007, 11:04
This is a first. i was logged in when i got on here. :confused:
hmmmm, i don't think i ticked the remember me box and i can't really remember logging in before going to bed!!! :confused:

Earl
31-03-2007, 11:12
Throw your PC away and get a Mac! :D