PDA

View Full Version : Communicating.

Ck
07-11-2006, 07:42
What's your favourite and least favourite way of doing it?

I prefer face to face conversations, proper conversations where the conversation naturally and comfortably leads in a direction. I use text messages for quick things like 'call me when you get in'. I only like talking on the phone to people I know pretty well, it puts me off if they get distracted mid flow cos I can tell they are by their voice but can't actually see why. I use e-mail at work to talk to friends but we use it more like a text message service, short sentence type comments akin to having a conversation but obviously slower.

Also, when it comes to comparing how you write and how you speak do you find you use words in a spoken conversation that you wouldn't use when writing? That's something I do a lot and visa versa, mainly because I can't always spell the word I would use out loud or sometimes when I write, it doesn't read correctly so I pick another word to use.

A_B
07-11-2006, 12:21
It depends on who I'm talking to.

On the whole - I prefer face to face because there's not much room for misinterpretation because of body language and tone.... you can also see if you're boring the other person to death and decide whether you want to shut up or carry on...(I shut up - my dad does the later :D).

I don't use text now - but I'd use it for quick things like "where are you?", or "what you doing" - but that was usually to my daughter when she was sitting next to me :o

I don't really like the phone - unless it's family.

I use email for friends in England - you can't really keep in touch using the phone - so emailing keeps the friendship going - but those are the same people I'd prefer face-to-face conversation with - but wouldn't be too keen on speaking on the phone with them..I don't know why - I think maybe it's because hearing their voice more often might make me miss them.

I find it hard to keep in touch by using letters. You never seem to get around to it, so before you know it - time has passed by and it gets a bit awkward.

Ck
07-11-2006, 16:45
Communication?

A distinct lack of it on here, there's only been one reply and that was off Breezy and she'll reply to owt! :eek: :D :p ;)

Alpha
07-11-2006, 16:51
there are quiet days and then there are busy days

Ck
07-11-2006, 16:53
After a hard day at the office somedays I like to unwind with a nice brew and a good old natter. (And a ciggie)

A_B
07-11-2006, 17:05
Communication?

A distinct lack of it on here, there's only been one reply and that was off Breezy and she'll reply to owt! :eek: :D :p ;)

:o

..it was quiet - there was nothing else for me to comment on - I didn't even want to do it..but my fingers needed the exercise :p

Ck
07-11-2006, 17:11
:o

..it was quiet - there was nothing else for me to comment on - I didn't even want to do it..but my fingers needed the exercise :p

:D

There's no chance of a nil pointer on here. :D

Wycliffe
08-11-2006, 00:58
I like talking person to person - usually one on one or in small groups. In larger groups I find that by the time I get a word in, the conversation has evolved to a new topic.

My least favorite way is shouting. I really can't stand "yelling through doors or between floors" as I tell my other half.

Gonzo.
08-11-2006, 15:24
Maybe Marc should get the Chatbox he uses on Digitreat and then we can all have cybersex.:eek:

Ck
08-11-2006, 15:31
:eek:

I'd rather have a cup of tea and a nice chat if you don't mind.

Gonzo.
08-11-2006, 15:52
Hi Ck.how are you,i am fine,want some wine,like some nuts,no cyber? no tut tut tuts.
Lovely weather we got here,hold on a min i need some beer,smoke some dope and have a leer.
Things are great,but not much fun,hitting some bees of my bum,i think they smell some fresh aroma,i'll blow them off to Oklahoma.
Anyway,in case you missed this poem i once posted on the BBC Todayforum,here it is once again,and yes,it was deleted from there as well.:mad:

The Immigrants Poem.

I cross ocean,
poor and broke
Take bus,
see employment folk.

Nice man treat me
good in there,
Say I need to
see welfare.

Welfare say,
"You come no more,
We send cash